a little crazy!!!
Life has been...
Easter egg hunts at two schools...
Easter parties...
out of town to celebrate Easter with our families...
a Kindergarten performance at the PTA meeting at which our own little Kindergartener's role was affectionately known as "FLOWER #7"
chaperoning on a 2nd grade field trip to the Riverwalk...
chaperoning on a Kindergarten field trip to the zoo...
working on planning summer...
getting signed up for swim team...
interviewing candidates for preschool teaching positions...
preschool board meetings...
PTA board meetings...
Jack's golf lessons on Mondays...
Annie's dance lessons on Thursdays...
Girl scouts every other Monday...
Sam's Little Gym on Fridays...
Annie's "try it" scout meeting where we took a field trip to our vet clinic then hosted the girls at our house afterwards...
a hat parade...
Sam's special day at school & buying the ingredients for his class to make his favorite recipe...
baking goodies for the school office for secretaries week...
FIESTA!!!...
Oyster Bake...
making two floats for school Fiesta parades...
attending two parades at two schools...
floating back & forth between two school Fiesta parties...
cheering for the Spurs...
watching the Spurs lose early...
getting ready for First Communion...
trying to find a date when the majority of our family can come...
completing her catechism homework so she can make First Communion...
ordering her dress...
turning paperwork in...
JUBILEE!!!...
working with my best friend on our second year as silent auction co-chairs...
living up at the preschool while we get all the auction stuff put together...
typing up over 100 display signs to be framed for the auction...
marking Jubilee off the list...
Life has been...
writing a letter to the principal sharing my thoughts on good matches for my kids' teachers next year...
Teacher Appreciation Week...
delivering lunch to Annie's teacher on Monday...
delivering lunch to Jack's teacher on Tuesday...
wrapping a dozen muffins for all the other teachers that they have throughout the week...
shopping for little tokens to fit in with each day's theme for the teachers...
dealing with a fevering Jack...
getting him to the doctor in between dropping Sam off at school & picking lunch up for the teachers...
feeling lucky it's only a sinus infection! No swine flu here...thank goodness!...
All while still trying to make healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners...
work on homework...
study for spelling tests...
and get them everywhere they need to be, hopefully ON TIME!
And NOW...Life is...
catching up on laundry laid out on the couch ready to be hung...
paying bills...
updating the family calendar so we can finally turn the page to May...
putting our house back together after a lot of neglect...
Wow!! I always seem to forget how crazy Spring can be...I guess it's the golden light of summer shining at the end, that seems to get us through & keep us going...
I'm willing to bet your schedules sound very similar!! So for all you awesome moms out there running around like a chicken with your head cut off,
YOU ROCK!!!
We're not sure if our kids know if this is all for them, but I hope one day they will...
I've missed everyone so much & CAN'T WAIT to get back out into blogland to see what everyone has been up to! And yes, Day 5 from New York is coming!!! Even my mom was telling me that she was getting a little tired of seeing the Statue of Liberty...
HAVE A VERY, VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
I hope you get to spend it doing everything you love with ALL those you love!
BTW...you're listening to my NEW favorite song...doesn't it make you just CRAVE SUMMER?!?
Enjoy!!






6 comments:
I should take a picture of about 6 loads of laundry dumped on our new leather sofas in the family room. Some laundry sorted in baskets, some still in a pile. My neighbor came over yesterday to ask me something and I tried (like a weirdo) to corner her in the foyer and living room so that she wouldn't get a peek into the kitchen that is such a mess right now! Ronnie is out of town, 3 kids on my own, spring time, daily swim team practice has started, volleyball practice, girl scouts, preschool, birthdays this month: Logan, Ronnie, my sister, my favorite niece, and our 12th anniversary (and mother's day!). Whew! I know how you feel- and it makes me feel better to know that your house is not as perfect as it usually is! Hopefully one day our children will look back and appreciate all of this, but I still wouldn't trade my exhaustion for anything in the world. I want to see you soon! Maybe we should have a laundry party- fill up the yukon and come on over- we can talk while we fold!
Amen Sister! Busy is an understatement!!
Now where do you hear all of these fun songs?? I dig this one too.
So glad to have the big check by Jubilee! Until next year... ;)
tagged you today
I'm so glad you are blogging again...I kept checking back and kept seeing NY...which isn't that bad! Sounds like you are just as busy and loving life! Training is going good and yesterday I had my best day of running in a long time...if only every day was that good!! Thanks for asking and checking in! Glad you're back!
that post made me NOT want to grow up!
my head is spinning... girrrrrl...
busy is an understatement!
reminding me of all the fun when my kids get a bit older... ALL the activities! sheesh! :)
summer... oh she is almost here!
flip flops & lack of a true schedule... YES!
and just as soon as i have SOME idea of what the heck our summer schedule will be... i'll be making sure we can still get together! wheeee!
Post a Comment