Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fun Kid Snack

Well...we CERTAINLY don't get any snow down here, so we have to create our own snowmen.  I found this cute food activity that the kids, even Sam, could do completely on their own.  We did this during one of their recent holidays, but it would be great for an after school snack anytime of the year!  I love Family Fun magazine!!  Just have so many things I want to do out of them...

All you need is skewers, bananas, chocolate chips(it called for minis, but we only had regular & it worked fine), apple slices, grapes, carrot slivers and we used pieces from Chex Mix we had in the pantry to create the arms.  The kids had a ball & had a healthy snack they made just for themselves!!

Try it out!!






YUM-MO!!

6 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

HEY... that's pretty darn cute!

i love fun food ideas! kids sure like to play with their food so it fits right!

family growing? are yall considering adding to your family?
by all means i will pray for HIS guidance for you!

MamaMia said...

I love this magazine too.

Great job Annie, Jack and Sam on your snowman snack!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

okay... you're so funny!

i have a Canon Rebel XSI...
i have four lenses... one came with the kit (EF 18-55mm)
then i have...
EF 50mm macro 1:2.5
EF-S 55-250mm 1:4-5.6 IS
EF 50mm 1:1.8 (i really like for inside or dark shots)

my camera is very entry level & has come down a TON since i purchased it!

my word... i have SO much to learn... but sure am having fun! :)

girl... ask me anything... Lord KNOWS i may not have the answer but i'll sure try! :D

BIG 'ol hugs!

patty said...

the snowmen are adorable! they will remember these moments!

HiHoOhio said...

Very cute but my girls do not like the banana!

My pastor commented on your comment on my UTURN post!!!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I love this! I teach fifth grade, and I "owe" my kids a treat. I wonder if I could do this with 24 of 'em without breaking the bank. Perhaps we can do it at the end of next week to celebrate the end of testing...think, think, think.

My son's too old for Family Fun, so I'm tickled to have stumbled across your blog (thanks to Krissy).

Ellie from Illinois
ellieisanewthing.blogspot.com