Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gettin' over the HuMp

I love, LOVE Mary Engelbreit and have the daily calendar in my kitchen...it is on my Christmas list EVERY single year...always makes me smile & brings a little cheer to my day.

This one was from last week and I just had to share in case you needed a little chuckle to get you over the "hump"...

It says...
"If I Did Not Wear Torn Pants, Orthopedic Shoes, Frantic Disheveled Hair, That Is To Say, If I Did Not Tone Down My Beauty, People Would Go Mad.  Married Men Would Run Amuck!"
Brenda Ueland

It's so, so true for all of us, right???  
Happy Hump Day!

6 comments:

Moon Mommy said...

That's right! Thank goodness for our husbands :-)
To answer your ?, yes I am neighbors to those three (live in the subdivision right next door) and I don't think you're a stalker! Hope you can come out and join us soon! Have a great day

Haley said...

ha ha ha-- so cute

MamaMia said...

That's it! I will now forever use the phrase "toning down my beauty" as an explanation when I haven't had a shower and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. (Never mind that I'm always in shorts and a t-shirt.)

Spring Break is almost here!!

patty said...

:)

Amy said...

Perfect song to go along with the chuckle! Thanks!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

you're going to NYC! how cool is that! never been... always wanted to go! the BIG city!
that sounds like an awesome treat! wow!

now... American Idol... hmmmm... not really sure yet! i think once it starts next week i can get a better grasp on who's in the twelve. i just don't get the Tatiana thing. don't hate me BUT i thought she DID sound better than SOME of them on her night! :) i know... i know... she is odd! i need to learn their names better... to chat about it better! :)

you've got lots to do... packing & all for your trip! woo hoo!

i am really excited about Spring break... lots to do... but we're going to be around home!