As of 2:45 this afternoon, we are OFFICIALLY on Spring Break!! Cannot even believe that it's March! I feel like the school year just began. We are excited to be headin' out to the Big Apple to visit Wes' oldest sister & her family. So much to see & do...I'm sure our brains and our entire bodies will be on sensory overload. The kids are beside themselves with excitement! Brace yourself for all the pictures that will be coming in the weeks ahead...
In the meantime, although we won't be experiencing Spring temperatures there, we most certainly have here! The kids have been wearing shorts to school all week and playing outside till dark. This week it was Dr. Seuss week at Sam's preschool. Even when Annie and Jack were there, they got to participate by dressing all WACKY!!
Here's Sam in his Wild & Wacky Tacky attire...
And here's the birthday cake(not edible, thank goodness)that he made for Dr. Seuss!
YUMMY???!!!
With all our time spent outdoors, we've been doing lots of cloud watching...I love how their imaginations go crazy once you get 'em going.
Here is Jack's vision of a "Dragon Blowing Smoke"
And the one none of us could get over, was Sam's "Fish"! It is awesome!! Can you see it? Can you see it??
His head and mouth are on the right side...his mouth is wide open and you can even see his eye! If I had one of those systems where I could draw it in on the screen for you, I would...sorry! Wes said he can see it better when it is small.
It's Friday and it's another beautiful, warm day here already! I wish you all a FaBuLOuS weekend and hope you & your kiddos are able to take time to watch the clouds...you'll be AMAZED at what they can come up with!!!






7 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!! Look at that outfit! Looks like he and my daughter would get along great!! Have a great time spending it on Spring Break...we still have another 3 weeks...next week is confernces...and we're getting snow this week...come on Spring...fight your way through!!!
whoop! so excited about the break too!
and selfish yes... but i am looking forward to a few days of staying in jammies til noon! :)
awe...
no schedule...
no "have to's"...
yeah!
i can imagine the fun yall will have! can't wait to see pics of your trip!
Too funny, we do Wacky Wednesdays at our school, and on Mismatch Days, the Kindergarteners look like they fit right in...those that dress themselves daily make every day mismatch day!
Your break is so early, we have to wait until March's end. And it won't be warm here in Illinois then either! Have fun in NYC!
I am so happy that we were finally able to talk on the phone this week. I hope that you have a great time in New York- I can hardly wait to see all of the pictures!
pretty pictures! i saw lotsa beautiful clouds on vacation... big and puffy out in colorado!
Woo hoo, spring break is here. It's kind of early, but I'll take it! I know we need the rain, but I do hope we can enjoy some spring-like sunny, cool days.
Elle just studied clouds at school recently. So of course we had to read "It Looked Like Spilt Milk." Now we just need to follow up with cloud watching. :)
Have a wonderful trip. I'll be ready for all the pictures.
i do see that little fish. I had a great time with your kiddos today. they crack me up as usual. Have a fantastic time in NYC! bring me back something great! xoxoxo
Post a Comment