Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shout out!!!

I am soooo excited about my newly MADEover Blog!!!  You have to go check Jennisa out over at "Once Upon a Blog"...she is incredible and a stay at home mom too!!  Wes and the kids let me get a "makeover" as an early Mother's Day gift so my blog wouldn't be so drab anymore!  Love, love, love it!!  Thank you, Jennisa!!

Also wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to my mom this morning...I don't even know if she has checked my blog out since it's creation, but I wanted to tell her CONGRATULATIONS on her spelling student who won the regional/area spelling bee last night and now gets to go to the big National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. the end of May.  The newspaper that will sponsor her, will fund the student's expenses and one other person, but my mom wants her mom to be able to go with her since they have worked so hard with her all these years to prepare her for these competitions.  We're hoping the school district will offer to help so my mom and her other teacher can go too!!  My mom has been teaching middle school for 36 years, and is trying to hold on for at least one or two more, and to have something like this happen, especially in a small Texas town would be a big highlight for her!!  We'll keep our fingers crossed!  

One more SHOUT OUT to my sister, who just found out yesterday that her entire 3rd grade class passed their first portion of the TAKS.  For teachers, this is a high pressure situation, so to have that out of the way is a big deal, especially with a challenging class like she seems to have this year.  Way to go, Mrs. Musch!!

Hope everyone is recovering from Spring Break...I know I'm getting there, but my house could still use some help!!

3 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Love your new look. It suits you so nicely. Isn't it fun to have a new blog style? It's almost like buying a new outfit or pair of shoes! :)

MamaMia said...

I dig the new look Suz. Very nice.

Congrats Mrs. Cowey!! That is so awesome. I do hope things work out for you to go to D.C. too.

And Lindsey, all I can say is Phew! Job well done!

Haley said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for putting my logo on here.... you and monica rock! Also... i love that you have such great music on here. Rafe and I always jam out to your play list when he is in the bath or running around outside! xoxo ta ta