High School English class and given the assignment to read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens...
I wasn't a big reader then...I relied on Cliff Notes to get me through my projects. Annie, Jack, Sam...if you're reading this, do as I say, not as I did! And now, I so regret that, because I've heard it is a well known novel! :) But what I do remember is the opening lines..."It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of innocence", and so on...those lines have been playing over and over in my head lately as my family and I have been dealing with some "not so fun" grownup decisions...My husband and I began dating my Senior and his Junior year in high school 18 years ago, we graduated from college and he went on to pursue his oratory gift in law school and became an attorney and I pursued my love for children and taught Kindergarten. One by one, we then began to have 3 healthy, beautiful children whom I have the ABSOLUTE pleasure and honor of being a stay-at-home mom to...DEFINITELY THE BEST OF TIMES! But as you get older, I am finding, those "not so fun" decisions creep their way into your life, either by choice OR most of the time, on their own. Unfortunately, as much as we don't want it to, money begins to play a big role in lots of these decisions...do we stay in a job that finds itself going in circles?? Do we sell a place that our future plans revolved around...which then in itself, leads to other questions...where will we go? Where will our children go to school? Can we uproot them or at what point in their schooling should we uproot them? There are a lot more factors involved than what I listed, or it definitely would not seem like "the worst of times" were very bad at all. I just keep going back to the question of how can this be?? How could we have planned and prepared and done all the right things only to get to this point, where we feel conflicted at praying for guidance and answers on what to do, yet see such heartbreak felt by other families for various reasons and look in the faces of our children and feel like the RICHEST people on Earth??
That's my question to THROW OUT into the universe!
My best girlfriend, Monica and another sweet friend, Jennifer have encouraged me to start blogging! I never thought I had much to really "blog" about, and certainly never intended for my first entry to be sooooo dramatic, but it was something that needed to get out!! I'm hoping to feel connected to other's more by sharing more of myself in this non-intrusive way, because generally, I'm a pretty shy person, who usually just stands back and listens! I think this will be a fun adventure!






4 comments:
Suz, thank you for joining the blogging world with me. I can't ever get enough of you and your first post is wonderful!! Love ya!
I think you should continue to dance in your amazing blessings and know that "this too, shall pass!" I know first hand that "hine (sp) sight is 50/50." In other words, when you are in the middle of a "situation" it always feels much worse than when you are a distance in time away. Later, when this has all passed, and you are enjoying the new blessing this handed you....because again we all know, "when one door closes, another one opens" and "God has a plan, even though we don't always know what it is," you will realize that in the end, this has all brought your family and especially you and Wes, together even closer.
You will feel even prouder and even more accomplished for overcoming this opstical TOGETHER! In a weird way, you will end up feeling good about a situation you once felt very discouraged by. Plus, always know, you have a very crazy sister you can always laugh at, with and vent to! I love you because of many reasons but through all of this, you will still continue to remain my "role model." I can only hope that my marriage and children become as strong and happy as yours. It will only be because of your guidance and example of handling these types of situations along with the happy ones. When being interviewed for Miss Fiesta way back in, oh, 2004, one of the ONLY questions I remember being asked was, "who is your role model and why?" And I distinctly remember answering, "my sister....because she is exactly who I want to be!"
Oh yeah, and then of course there is always, "let go and let God!" ~author "anonymous" haha!
Ok, too much for a Wednesday! More later!
i hope that my profile sounds just like yours one day... except that i am going to be a famous photographer. I have waited all day to read this blog and am so impressed with the content... the display leaves "much to be desired" ha ha.. jk..... well... not that i can outdo linsdey's post, but you are also a role model to you know who and i.... so...no pressure... keep up the great work.. xoxo ..ta ta
WOOOHOOOO! Welcome to BLOGLAND! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!
XO!
Post a Comment