Six years ago today, we were surprised and excited to have a baby boy that we named Jack Henry. We have never found out what we were having with any of our children, so each birth has been such a neat experience not knowing exactly what to expect. As he STILL is, he has been the smallest of all 3 weighing in at his birth at 8 lbs. 1 oz. Man, the recovery after him compared to Annie weighing right at 9 lbs. was amazing!!

He was so alert and wide awake immediately after he was born just taking it all in...lots of dark hair and beautiful blue eyes. He was a keeper for sure!

Our new family portrait! Annie's world completely changed...I always wonder what they are thinking???
Jack has been a boys boy from the get go...it was amazing to see the difference between him and Annie that boys just seem to come to this Earth with...bring on the trains, cars, trucks & the more the merrier! This was his second birthday...a Thomas party of course!
All that dark hair has now changed to a light brown. We use to call him "Laid Back Jack" because just like with his birth, he just takes it all in without making too much of a hullabaloo!
And then the love of cars begins...this boy has probably 300 Hot Wheels, as well as other Monster trucks, trash vehicles, etc. And if you asked him today what he would like for his birthday, he'd give you one answer...CARS!
What a perfect gift this was for him a couple years back...this car has seen miles & miles of wear and tear from the neighborhood on it!
His 4th birthday party, we went with a Halloween costume theme, since they are so close to one another. Of course, we still managed to find a way to get a car, even a spooky one, on the cake!
Jack's smile can light up a room! He is such a handsome, sweet, fun and funny to be around little, I MEAN BIG, boy! If he could be in the country at the camp house with his Daddy every single day, he would be in heaven! Daddy does no wrong in Jack's eyes and it is hard for Wes to go anywhere, without his best sidekick being right there with him.
I found this shirt in a little children's catalog and wanted him to have it to wear for his big day today at school. Only thing is, here in Texas, since it is feeling rather warm again, he may very well burn up in it...oh well, at least he looks cute!!
Happy Birthday, my little man! We all love you so much and are so very proud of you and the type of boy you are with your teachers & friends! You continue to make us smile and laugh each and every day just by your living life without a care in the world type attitude and the fun comments that make us giggle. When asked the other day if he brought home his report card, Jack's reply..."What's a report card???" And when all the children were walking home from school, sharing who they voted for in the mock election, his reply..."The middle one" He's just not one to get all wrapped up in the details of life...he just wants to play, play, play, and I hope, even though he will HAVE to get a little more serious and concerned with school and life as the years go on, that he will carry some of that with him forever!
Happy Birthday, Buddy! We love you to the moon & back!!






14 comments:
Happy Birthday Jack! Such a sweet and handsome little- I mean big guy. Hope you guys have a great day!
happy birthday mr. jack....i can't wait to see you tonight....
i am sitting here laughing about the time you realized my name was maggie not max and you were so upset with me!!!!
love you mr. man.
maggie
- - - hAppY BiRtHdAy - - -
he is just SO precious... and that's a fact Jack!
i SO enjoyed all these fun pics... really neat!
oh i forgot... you're so right HIS smile... wow!
arranged marriage! :)
happy happy birthday jack! i love love love you!
I remember going to the hospital to see him when brandon and I were a "young couple"... back then I would have never imagined loving him as much as I do now :) xoxo
Happy birthday Jack! We're bummed we won't be there for your party on Saturday, but we look forward to spending some time with you this afternoon.
Love the "6" shirt. "The middle one" answer is classic Jack! That will keep me laughing for awhile!
So cute! Happy Birthday Jack. You've got one kick-butt Mommie!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a special feature of "The Life of Jack"... this will be great for your blog book. We all need to get started on those, right?!?
I'm loving that huge birthday platter!! What a cool way to celebrate birthdays every year. I must have one of those!!!! I'm going to the Nutcracker Market here in Houston next week. I think I know of a booth that has them. :)
6 year old!! Woo Hoo!!
I love to see the progression. he has grown into a lovely little gentleman.
I enjoyed the pictures.
Love those Cakes!!!!!!!
Happy Day I hope for Jack!
We will come to SA Dec 26-Jan 2 and will spend New Years Day with Jennifer! (stop by so we can meet)
Dad is doing pretty good, not real bad side effects from Chemo that was last week on Thursday. Thanksful!
Happy Weekend!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK-STER! Hope you had a great birthday & have an even better weekend. Big hugs all the way from Indiana buddy.
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com
How cute he is!! My older son's middle name is Jack. Love it!
What catalog is the shirt from? I like it alot. Do they have all numbers?
Happy Birthday!!!! I just love the shirt with the 6 on it...
just checking on you! YES... i miss you... hoping your doing well!
xo
Post a Comment