Well, are ya???
We are in definite game mode around here! Not because we're big Steelers or Cardinals fans, but because we love to have fun with our family and celebrate good times with good food! You know how many times I've said how big I am into "themes" and Super Bowl is no different. Look at this way cool stuff we found at Target for the game. I love it!! And hubby has been working on the menu, and is out shopping for it all right now! He didn't want to take a chance for there to be a mad rush this weekend. On tap are Brats sausages, brisket, "fat boy burgers", wings of course, and lots of dips & chips! Yum yum!! No worries, we're not just eating it all ourselves...we've got my brother, Brandon & Haley, our niece Maggie & her new awesome boyfriend, Brian, our nephew, Ben, and our crew. My sister and her hubby are ditchin' us for some work related party...WHATEVER!!! They can't possibly have the menu OR party goods that we have!
Annie's 2nd grade at school, the entire 2nd grade staff, is even getting in on the act, and inviting all the kids and their families to come out tomorrow for a "Super Bowl" bowling event at the alley down the road. Should be lots of fun! This will be a great weekend to watch some awesome football movies too! Our top 3 favorite football movies that we could watch over & over are Jerry Maguire, The Replacements, and Remember the Titans. If you've never seen those, surprise your hubby and rent one to watch together on the couch...he might even do the dishes for you!! They are wonderful, heartfelt stories! Love them all!!
Have a SUPER BOWL'in good time this weekend!!
What are your plans for the big game???






5 comments:
I'm sure you WILL believe this, but I totally forgot about the Super Bowl. How sad is that?!
But now that I've read about your fun times, I might find myself out with the mad rush people shopping for some chips and dip at least. ;)
I did see the cute football themed paper goods at Target. Fun!
I LOVE Remember the Titans. Haven't seen The Replacements. We'll have to check that out.
Have fun girlie! I'll compare commercial reports with you next week.
as soon as i can drag myself up and out i am going to get all the goods for the dip. i am getting a bit worried it won't turn out as i am imagining!!! can't wait till tomorrow......
we should play lcr!!
We LOVE the Cardinals and Kurt Warner. One of our close friends is the strength and conditioning coach for the Cardinals and is an awesome Christian, family man. We are so happy for John and his family and all of the Cardinals- especially Warner- first-class guy...
Have fun at your superbowl feast!
I hope you had a fun game day! It was the first day over 40 in four weeks here, we grilled!!!!!!
okay... now yall did it UP!
i think next year... i wanna come to YOUR house!
so fun... i imagine yall had a ball!
i have GOT to see Remember the Titans! keep forgetting
Post a Comment