It was a wonderful, super, fantastic Christmas vacation...BUT now it's over and I seem to be in some sort of funk! I don't consider myself a moody person AT ALL...I'm very optimistic, I see the bright side & good in almost everyone, but for some reason, these last few days, I just can't shake this funk, this dreary mood I'm in. Have you noticed, I haven't even been blogging??? I think it's probably true for almost everyone after the holidays...it's hard to go from fun music, fun food, fun times, to REALITY!!! For those few minutes after midnight New Year's Eve, the world holds so much promise that THIS is the year that things will be different, things will be better, and then come the news reports of this incident happening & that...John Travolta losing his son REALLY bothered me & seeing the pictures of their family together are just heart wrenching. Here it was, the 2nd day of a brand new year, and I keep thinking, 2009 was only beginning, yet it will already be considered the worst year of their lives. I just hurt for them & so many others who have lost a child unexpectedly...
Maybe it's a little bit of exhaustion, staying up way, way late & sleeping in...maybe it's the fact that I'm still a bit miffed at the "anonymous" note that was left on our door, the night before Christmas Eve about our dog barking...Doc, our Beagle, has been in our backyard since the day we got him almost 10 years ago, and according to our next door neighbors on all sides, never does anything. But I HATE conflict, I hate feeling like someone is just so angry at the world they decide to leave a note about a dog barking...mind you we were at a Christmas dinner that evening & were home by 10:15, and came home to find the note. I feel so silly to be so worried about it STILL, but it just bothers me, and I feel like our house will now be on surveillance 24 hours, should we be gone for a long period of time. So, if you find out who it is, let me know!
Maybe it's PMS! Maybe it's a combination of ALL those things, but whatever it is, I'm in a funk and I just wish I was a bear in hibernation for a few days and could sleep all the headaches & craziness in the world away. Do you ever have days like that??? What makes you feel better??
Sorry to be such a downer, but I always take comfort in the fact, that on this space, we are able to be ourselves & be real & honest...I love, love my life and treasure every moment with my family, so I hope to snap out of this fog soon so I can enjoy them all even more!
Off to address a very needy kitchen and a 3 year old wanting to play blocks! Thanks for listening:)






12 comments:
You just hit it on the head for me. You have so much going on before and during Christmas. Then when the New Year rolls around and everything slows down it is a little depressing. I'm very outgoing also, but have been having the same feeling. I just want to keep to myself which not like me at all. I can totally relate to what you are going thru. Thanks for your post, nice to know someone else is having the same feelings. Becky
Ditto!! I think I'm going through the same funk gur-fren...
So sorry I've been MIA... I have become such a Facebook junkie. It is so easy and so very different from blogging. I've had more fun connecting with old friends, new friend, regular friends, old flames, etc. You girls need to take the plunge. There are quite a few from our blogging group on Facebook. I'll always still blog... it is just so much easier to post one sentence than to post lots of sentences with pictures. Now that we are back in town and I'm settled, I'll be back in Blogland more. For sure!! You and MamaMia join Facebook today. That is a direct order from One Wired Woman. LOL
Girl,
You just spoke my mind!! I haven't blogged very much because I've been in suck a FUNK too. I don't what it is--I know it's the holidays ending--I hate when it's over. All the cheer is over and people go back to being ugly.
I've been down and grouchy lately.. my husband keeps asking me why I'm in a bad mood and it's getting on my nerves.. bless his heart.
I also suspect I could possibly be pregnant--maybe the same is true for you?!?
And for the note on your porch--don't sweat it. I'm like you in that I hate conflict--I avoid it at all cost!
Praying you feel upbeat soon--pray for me too!
Yes, the after holiday blues...blah!
You and I are so alike...John Travolta's son's death is on my mind too.
As for the note about Doc, you need to install a surveillance camera on your front porch to see who the coward is!! Was Wes' truck in the drive? Are they specifically waiting until you are gone to leave the note?
Sunshine and working out make me happy. Supposed to be a nice day today...get out in it with the kids.
Love ya!
Nope, definitely NO baby news to report, Rachel!
But I will be praying that you start to feel better & have news that brings you peace for the new year:)
Girl- Overwhelmed, a little depression, I don't know... but, I am in the same boat. Moving into a house in need of a total remodel 3 days before Christmas was not the smartest decision. The moving truck also showed up 4 days early- most people would be happy, but I had already scheduled a serious cleaning crew, painters, and flooring to be done before MY stuff was delivered to this filthy house. Therefore, all of my plans had to be changed and now it is such a mess. Every time I set up a room, I go back to find the painters have it all stacked in the middle, the flooring people have moved it completely out to the tile that is not being replaced, or who knows. 75% of stuff is still in boxes, everything is a mess. I am hoping that things will get better in a week or two, but I'm not so sure. Of course, the holidays threw us for a loop and also caused delays with a lot of our remodeling plans. AND... my fabulous 91 year old grandma (the last living grandparent) who was my "favorite person in the world" became sick as we were moving, hospitalized, etc and actually passed away Monday. Her funeral is tomorrow and I cannot even go because it s in Mississippi and Ronnie cannot take off and I have nothing to do with the three kiddos. AARGH!!! Things have got to get better- right? Give me another week or two and then we want you and Sam to come over and play with Logan. It is time to play and be happy.
OH, yeah. Been there. Done that. It is the WORST to feel this way. I had quite a few blog posts like yours back in March of 2008. I was considering drastic measures to get me out of my slump.
And, then, one day. My mood changed. The sun shone just a little brighter. An unexpected and much needed phone call from a friend came my way. And, slowly...VERY SLOWLY...I crawled out of my pit.
I love ya and appreciate your honesty.
oh yes... funk... like a dime plunking in a fountain... straight to the bottom! i so think it is a combination of things... all the things you mentioned... you said it just right!
there is so much hoopla... so much to do... focus on... and then... nothing!
hang in there... thinking of you!
and a little TMI... i am on my p too! :) i CRIED at the end of Horton Hears A Hoo!
xo
Have you been to my blog lately? It's a 'joyfest'! Things are poopy right now...and darn it, you have every right to be ticked at that silly note! I would be too!
Let's stand together and join the 'let's improve our attitudes in January' club! Maybe I'll make a button and we'll all post it!
Hang in there dear...you're so not alone! Keep writing, I've missed reading!
Are you out of your funk yet? I'm starting to get out of mine finally!! ~Jill :)
The Funk is in Ohio too my friend
i think you are in a funk because you miss me! I know that is my problem :) we need some suz and haley time asap! i miss you a ton xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment