Actually, it's waaaay past time. Time for that lovely annual exam at the gynecologist. You know the one I'm talking about. Yep, that's the one! I was due to go last Spring, then had my appointment set for June, then my grandmother passed away, so I had to cancel. It's now taken me this long to reschedule it for tomorrow. So, it's not exactly MY annual exam, but my "first exam in 21 months" exam. Don't ask me why. Half the time I just forget. The other times I was working on STOMP for Annie and Jack's school. Then there were Halloween parades at Sam's. Then Thanksgiving feast, Christmas parties, decorating...you get the picture. Why do we mom's do that? Or am I the only one?? When our children need an exam we schedule it IMMEDIATELY, but when it comes to us, other things take priority. I for one, need to change that and be better about it. Our health is too important to take for granted!
One thing I do plan on asking my doctor is what her take is on all the hormone "buzz" that seems to be flying around lately. It is quite a popular subject on talk shows & book shelves the last couple weeks and I never thought I should be too concerned about it until I heard several times, that if you are over 35, which I'll be 37 this summer(YIKES!!!) you should have your hormone levels checked if for nothing else, but to get a baseline for those menopausal years to come. Some of the symptoms a lot of the women were speaking of I never considered to EVEN BE pre-menopausal or hormone related, like forgetfulness, not feeling like yourself, lack of energy & drive. I sure have been feeling quite a bit of that lately, so maybe my hormones are in crazy mode. Who knows?! But I am very curious to see what my doctor's take is and what her opinion on the whole synthetic vs. bioidentical hormone replacement argument is.
What about you girls out there?? Anyone want to weigh in on THIS fun topic???
I'll let you know how it goes...






5 comments:
wow.. i have mine thursday! ironic? i am always paranoid when it comes to "women problems" i will def. have my list of ?'s for the doc. it is going to be awkward this time because I was the photographer at the assistants wedding. ha ha ha. I def. think you should slow down and take time out for yourself, but this doesn't count! go get a pedicure after! you deserve it!!! xoxoxoxoxo
Ugh! You're so right! I get my kids to the doc ASAP when they need to go, but I'm very behind on my annual. For that matter, it's been years since I've been to the dentist. Kids go every 6 months. Mommy.... not so much. Doesn't having a Sonicare toothbush replace going to the dentist?? Alright. I have 2 action items for today. Thanks for the nudge!!
forgetfulness??????... then i am THICK in pre-menopause! :)
my memory is HORRIBLE... it seriously makes me crazy!
and another thing i have really noticed lately... i "perspire" a ton a night... WIERD!
gosh... i didn't realize that early we should be checked. i am pushing 39... shoot!
i went just over 4 YEARS not having my pap... i know SO bad... but i did go... all good... except the COLD steel part! :)
how was your check up?
SO glad to hear from you... see you back!
I think all dr.'s should get rid of their scales!
I JUST WENT LAST WEEK!!!! And the 12 year old girl who examined me let me know that I should probably look into other forms of birth control because of my AGE!!! I'll be 35 in October...when did we get this old? ahhhhh! I having my bloodwork drawn to get a baseline on my cholesterol...yikes! I want to go back in time!!! Have fun!! Don't forget to paint your toenails!!
Post a Comment