Jennisa, my AWESOME blog designer, did a post April 1st on her personal blog, The Princess Diaries titled 100 Things About Me and encouraged others to do a similar list and have their husbands help complete it! When I read ALL the various things she mentioned and started thinking of my own, I thought it would be fun! Even if you know me well, you might learn something new that has never come up in regular, rushed, everyday "mom" conversation. I started this Wednesday and am FINALLY getting to post Friday night!
100 Things About Me
1. My middle name is Renee.
2. I LIVE in my "Crocs"! I have a red pair that I wear to run errands/walk to school & such, a black, fleece pair & a pink/brown flip flop pair that I wear inside & around the house. Our entire family has multiple pairs! Love, love them!
3. I am the oldest of 3 children in my family.
4. I have one sister and we are 9 years apart. I have one brother and we are 12 years apart.
5. I always felt like I was their second mom, because I had my driver's license and could tote them around from place to place when my mom was at school teaching, so even though there is a big age difference, we are very close! They even followed us up to big S.A. to go to college and now live!!
6. My husband and I started dating in 1989...I was a Senior and he was a Junior in high school.
7. We got engaged Valentine's Day, 1994 on the 50-yard line of our high school football field.
8. I played on the Varsity tennis team all 4 years of high school and even made it to Regionals in Doubles.
9. I took dancing from 3 years old till high school and STILL love dancing to this day!
10. I take EVERYTHING personal!
11. I am EXTREMELY sensitive!
12. Conflict/confrontations make me physically sick.
13. My zodiac sign is Cancer, which may explain 10-12.
14. Our children are the 13th, 14th, and 15th grandchildren on Wes' side.
15. Our children are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ONLY grandchildren, so far, on my side.
16. I am a home body!! I went to "overnight" camp for a week one time growing up and hated it! I also tried 2 other colleges, away from home, before coming back to graduate from a university only 20 minutes away.
17. I play in a neighborhood Bunco group that we call the "BUNCO BABES" once a month.
18. Food Network is my ABSOLUTE favorite channel!
19. I will ALWAYS stop and watch I Love Lucy reruns if I see they are on and can laugh & laugh at the ones I've seen a gazillion times.
20. I love playing Scrabble, but cannot complete a turn in under 30 minutes.
21. Duchess and Sandy were two of my Collies that I loved dearly growing up.
22. I was a 4-H member for 9 years.
23. I raised "show lambs" for the county stock show every year.
24. I also loved entering the county food shows, and even won Reserve Champion in the Cake division one year.
25. I played the flute for 6 years.
26. I was on the dance team 3 years in high school and an officer for 2 of them.
27. I wear a 9 1/2 size shoe! Wes calls my feet skis!
28. If the costumes weren't so much on the "skimpy" side, I would LOVE to dance or perform with a sports team's dance group or the Rockettes! Love, loved dancing at halftime football games and dance team competitions...watching them on ESPN gives me chills!!
29. I am a Catholic and went to Catholic school from 1st grade-8th grade.
30. I was baptized, had my 1st Communion, Confirmation and got married ALL in the same church.
31. I have worn glasses/contact lenses since the 7th grade.
32. I cannot live without my SUNGLASSES!!! The bright light even on a white, cloudy day really bothers me.
33. My favorite color is red.
34. My favorite style cuisine goes back and forth between Mexican(Tex-mex) and Italian.
35. I don't watch anything that hasn't been recorded first...the commercials waste my time!
36. My husband and I have been married for 12 years.
37. I consider myself very laid back.
38. I am very strict about following routines, especially w/naps & bedtime routines on school days & nights... that is my only time to get things done!
39. My degree is in Elementary Education with specializations in Early childhood & Reading...I started college intending to get an Accounting/business degree & also took some nutrition classes because I loved cooking/working with food.
40. I taught 1 year Pre-K and 3 years Kindergarten in public school before staying home to have children.
41. My first brand new car was a beautiful, 2-door, red Pontiac Sunfire, with a sunroof, that my parents gave me after graduating from college.
42. My beautiful, red Pontiac Sunfire was TOTALED 10 months later driving to teach Pre-K, when some guy ran a stop sign...I can still remember the date! I was so devastated, but wasn't hurt...just really sore for a few days!
43. I am WAY MORE comfortable around children than adults!
44. I am OBSESSIVE with my camera and taking pictures everywhere...I very rarely am in any, because I have a hard time releasing control to someone else to get the good "shot"!
45. We got our dog, Doc, a Beagle, 2 months after moving into our house.
46. We have lived in our house, 9 years this month.
47. I love 80's music...my all time fave being Duran Duran!
48. Wes has surprised me TWICE by taking me to see Duran Duran within the last 4 years...so cool!
49. I was 4 1/2 months pregnant with Sam, when we saw them the second time at their concert in Dallas.
50. Music makes me feel so alive...cannot be in a car without it!
51. I love being creative w/making Annie's lunch...next year w/Jack may be a different story.
52. I am a fanatic about having all food groups, whole grains, low sugar, etc. in all our meals...Wes is learning to acquire a taste for whole wheat pasta!!
53. The first thing I do every morning(if it isn't still dark) is open up all the blinds and let all the natural light in...I hate having a lot of lights on in the house.
54. I love the smell of coffee...but don't drink it!
55. I hate the taste and smell of beer!
56. I enjoy my fun drinks, when the occasion arises...My hubby's awesome Pomegranate Martinis, Bahama Mama's, Margaritas, Pina Coladas, & wine.
57. I have never held a cigarette lit or unlit to my lips.
58. If I have ANY caffeine late in the day, even from an Excedrin, I will have a hard time sleeping.
59. Having a Coke every once in a while is my "treat", if I keep them in the house, the kids drink 'em.
60. I drink water or decaffeinated Green Tea all the time.
61. I love to scrapbook & journal for my kid's, but I only really get a chance to do it in the summer...I write a birthday letter in their personal journals every year.
62. I LOVE TO EAT, but rarely get to eat anything for breakfast.
63. Raw chocolate chip cookie dough makes me feel better...yum!
64. If you walked in my house right now, you'd see my children's artwork & magnet letters covering the fridge, Hot Wheels, blocks, puzzle pieces and couch pillows all over the floor...Jack uses the couch as his place to play and line up his cars, Easter decorations stacked in a corner of the hallway waiting to be put back in storage, and a kitchen desperately needing to be mopped!
65. I am constantly washing my hands, so I always end up walking out the door without my wedding ring...It has been years since I have even tried to take off the gold, pinky ring Wes gave me for my 18th birthday, I NEVER take it off...it was taped on the bottom of a little girl statue titled "I'se spoken for".
66. I am more apt to do things if I put them on a list...cannot stand to have a list and not mark things off it.
67. I had braces, spikes & retainers growing up...my bottom retainer is STILL cemented in my mouth, much to my dentist's dismay!
68. I took piano lessons for 3 years then quit and regret it still to this day and would like to take again.
69. I would NEVER choose to relive my middle school/high school years, and am DREADING them with my own children.
70. I consider FULL makeup on a regular, "mom" day, concealer, powder, mascara & lip gloss...most days I don't even do that much!
71. I only really get to watch any TV at naptime or nights/weekends, but the DVR is always set to record The Today show, The View, Rachael Ray & Oprah. We also like American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, October Road, Eli Stone, Brothers & Sisters, Grey's Anatomy & Desperate Housewives. Love being able to fast forward!!!!!
72. I do not know how to rollerskate, rollerblade, or ski.
73. I am not a daredevil...fast, twisty, topsy turvy rides at theme parks are not my thing!
74. I got my ears pierced in Jr. High and feel "weird" if I walk out the door w/out earrings on...even over wearing any makeup or having my hair fixed too great!
75. I guess the thematic teacher in me still remains, because I am a seasonal decorator...I change out my table centerpiece, and various items around the house to fit the season or holiday! Even at the carwash, I request scents to "match" the season... cinnamon & vanilla in the Fall/Winter and Pina Colada for Spring/Summer!
Annie wanted to participate too! Here is what she said about her mama.
76. She likes to dance.
77. She likes having kids.
78. She is pretty.
79. She is nice.
Jack said...
80. She always kisses me.
Sam declined any comment.
Wes wrote 81-100 without seeing my list.
81. Her smile lights up a room.
82. I asked her to marry me on our high school football field.
83. She is quiet.
84. Her laugh is great.
85. She loves to eat as much as I do. It just does not show on her body like it does on mine.
86. She is compassionate.
87. She puts up with me and my moods. I am definitely her cross to bear.
88. She is emotionally strong. Much more than me.
89. She loves God.
90. Her feet and hands are cold.
91. She loves Music. Especially Duran Duran.
92. She puts the kids and me before herself.
93. She is a great cook.
94. She is beautiful. Inside and out.
95. She is a picture fanatic.
96. She recycles. I call her Sgt. Greenpeace.
97. She is always there for me. Which lately has been a lot.
98. She sings into a hairbrush on Family Talent Night. From Fergie to Prince to Duran Duran.
99. She is a great mom.
100. She is the love of my life.
Wes wrote 81-100 without seeing my list.
81. Her smile lights up a room.
82. I asked her to marry me on our high school football field.
83. She is quiet.
84. Her laugh is great.
85. She loves to eat as much as I do. It just does not show on her body like it does on mine.
86. She is compassionate.
87. She puts up with me and my moods. I am definitely her cross to bear.
88. She is emotionally strong. Much more than me.
89. She loves God.
90. Her feet and hands are cold.
91. She loves Music. Especially Duran Duran.
92. She puts the kids and me before herself.
93. She is a great cook.
94. She is beautiful. Inside and out.
95. She is a picture fanatic.
96. She recycles. I call her Sgt. Greenpeace.
97. She is always there for me. Which lately has been a lot.
98. She sings into a hairbrush on Family Talent Night. From Fergie to Prince to Duran Duran.
99. She is a great mom.
100. She is the love of my life.






4 comments:
Suz, I love this! I really love this.
Definitely a few things on here I didn't know...so fun!
Isn't this blogging stuff amusing? It just allows you to say what's on your mind or gives you opportunities to share things like this. Thank you for joining the blogging world! I love reading your blog.
i want to blog, but don't know how to start....or what to say...help....
ps. i think you should put when your nieces maggie and patty stayed with you and wes at your loft you sang ironic with your tennis racket..... :)
It's me again. I wanted to read your list again since it was so late last night. Here are the things that I had no idea about:
1. I didn't know you were on the tennis team.
2. I didn't know you played the flute.
3. I didn't know you love "I Love Lucy."
These are the things I second:
1. I am much more comfortable around children that adults.
2. I would never relive my middle/high school years either.
Similar things between you and me:
1. I almost wrote this on my blog the other day--I am a non-confrontational person. I worry about what people think of me. I don't like to ruffle feathers or draw attention to myself. I am not a debater.
2. I like lists--can't you tell?!
3. I've lit a cigarette before (in H.S. of course), but have never inhaled one. I have never touched a drug.
4. My Easter stuff is in the corner of my kitchen waiting to be put away too.
Hello, my fellow FLUTE PLAYER! I have been playing for 25 years now...still play at church once a month!
I re-read your list...no wonder I like you so much! Here's what we have in common:
2, 3, 10, 11, 25, 32, 38, 44, 68, 74.
Amazing.
XO.
Post a Comment