Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Unexpected Surprises

You just can't beat an unexpected surprise...the GOOD kind anyway! They can come in all sorts of ways from all sorts of people, but when it comes from a friend, for NO particular reason at all, it can put a huge spring in your step and turn a cloudy day into sunny skies!! Mamamia knows me so well and surprised me with a present JUST FOR ME from my favorite shop in town Moon Mippy, and it wasn't even my birthday! A best friend is like that...lifts you up just when you need it most! Thank you, my sweet friend! The package was so bright and festive, I had to capture it so I can always remember how it made my heart smile!! Even my kids were excited for me to open it!
I love, love having personal notecards and use them ALL the time! My other goodie is a bracelet that you can customize with letters and symbols, and it is just too fun! I can't wait to have a moment to sit and play with it! How cool to feel like a kid and play around with something fun to wear!!
The kids got an UNexpected surprise when the temperatures rose well into the 80's on Saturday, and they were able to play in their new wiggle sprinkler from the Easter Bunny...is my calendar right?? It is April isn't it? That's South Texas for ya!
And what backyard time would be complete without cold watermelon and BBQ!! YUM!
Can you see the watermelon juice that had run down Sam's body?? He sure liked it!
Jack is making sure not to let ANY bit escape him!
Daddy cookin' up a feast of BBQ chicken & ribs...we certainly ate good that night and the kitchen stayed clean while the backyard smelled incredible!!
We are READY FOR SUMMER!!!

3 comments:

MamaMia said...

I second the "ready for summer" statement. Your pictures make me want to get the kids out there right now!

So glad you liked your surprise...I learned from you...most thoughtful person I know! :)

Haley said...

i wish we stayed in town!!! you guys always make regular days into a party.. love that! you are getting really great with that camera! love the pics

Honorary Indian said...

How special to have a friend surprise you with such fun goodies!!! I love that store, too...and you can't beat personalized gifts.

BBQ, Watermelon, Sprinklers...you guys are READY for summer. When will you be spending them out in our neck of the woods?!