Wednesday, April 23, 2008

FIESTA Way Back Wednesday

OK...just gotta say one thing first!  It's SPURS playoffs season and that can only mean one thing...time to break out the heart medication & caffeine because those late night games can get pretty crazy, but always so much fun!  Whew!  GO SPURS GO!!!

It's Way Back Wednesday...Fiesta style!!  With Fiesta in full force this week here in San Antonio, I thought I'd dig deep into my photo archives and pull out pictures from 2004 when my sister "reigned" as Miss Fiesta!  It was such a fun 10 days and brings back great memories this week for all of us!  She had a motorcycle escort almost everywhere she went, military escorts on her arm for every event, and collected some of the COOLEST medals you have ever seen!  Hard to believe that Annie was just 3 1/2, Jack was a little over 2, and Sam was NON existent!  WOW!  Where does 4 years go??  We definitely made it to many an event that year, and ALL 3 PARADES, and had Aunt Lindsey visit the preschool...What fun!
Her poster up at the Fort Sam Houston mall...pretty crazy to see!
Lindsey, Jack, my mom, and Annie at the UTSA Fiesta event...she hadn't lost her voice yet!
Annie collected quite a few medals herself that week and was asked by several people that week if she was the NEXT Miss Fiesta in the family...
Wouldn't it be nice to have your own car and be chauffeured and escorted around town??  She definitely hated giving up that "perk"!
Battle of Flowers Parade...she actually spotted us in the crowd and heard all our yelling!
The Miss Fiesta brunch held on the last day of Fiesta was very bittersweet for her...she was AND was treated like a Queen for weeks, met so many great people, and had to give up her motorcade!!!  Wouldn't you be in tears, too??  
Viva Fiesta!!

5 comments:

MamaMia said...

Okay, I'm not believing that it has been four years ago. Are you sure it was 2004??!!

Boy, what fun memories...and I wasn't even there...but felt like I was with your pictures and first hand reports.

I think I'm a little sad too that it passed so quickly.

Fun WBW!

Honorary Indian said...

What fun to see the kids so little...I remember when your hair was that way...back when we were both pregnant with our boys!

You and your sister are just beautiful!

Jennifer Price said...

We are so homesick and missing fiesta! The spurs game is on at7:30 our time tonight and we have a full menu planned with fajitas, guacamole, etc. YEAH! Hope to be back in Texas soon...

LINDZ said...

FINALLY! I love this! Every year during when the spirit of Fiesta creeps up once again, all of the memories come rushing back. It was one of the most exciting and unbelievable experiences of my entire life. It was made even more special by my "groupies" (Suz, Mom, Annie, Jack, and Grandma Ulman following me each day and everyone else as much as they could) I would not have all of the fun pictures of course without you. I will never forget the night I was crowned and you came up to me and said, "Can you believe it?" I don't think I ever have really believed it happened to me. You are a major role in that time in my life. Your guidance and example lead me to be the gal that won. They asked who my role model was and I always said you. Your words are the first and some of the only I remember from that night! I will always bleed cascarone colors :) Viva Fiesta!

LINDZ said...

FINALLY! I love this! Every year during when the spirit of Fiesta creeps up once again, all of the memories come rushing back. It was one of the most exciting and unbelievable experiences of my entire life. It was made even more special by my "groupies" (Suz, Mom, Annie, Jack, and Grandma Ulman following me each day and everyone else as much as they could) I would not have all of the fun pictures of course without you. I will never forget the night I was crowned and you came up to me and said, "Can you believe it?" I don't think I ever have really believed it happened to me. You are a major role in that time in my life. Your guidance and example lead me to be the gal that won. They asked who my role model was and I always said you. Your words are the first and some of the only I remember from that night! I will always bleed cascarone colors :) Viva Fiesta!