Wow! If you live in South Texas, then you know this weekend was INCREDIBLE!! The cool weather accompanied by low humidity was quite a treasure to behold in the middle of May. We took advantage by spending a day at the zoo! We're fortunate enough to have an awesome zoo right here in our city and have visited several times, just not many in the last couple years for Sam to know of it and even Jack was having a hard time remembering. The kids were ecstatic, to say the least, and acted like angels and the most loving set of siblings you ever came across on our drive downtown. WHAT A PERFECT MORNING!! So fun to be up and close to wild animals!! Although not so close, that we needed to get any vaccinations! You have to go check out Mamamia's story about their encounter with a bat here...it'll make you think twice before doing anything too crazy this summer!! They definitely learned their lesson the hard way!
Is this little baby monkey too cute??? We stayed and watched the "mama", because I'm sure it is the mama who can only do all that climbing WITH baby in tow, for several minutes 'cuz it was just so sweet!!

Didn't realize how cool a picture this really was until I saw it loaded on the computer...I'm pretty impressed with myself!
No matter how many times you see these animals, it is just awe inspiring how beautifully God made these creatures...their colors, patterns & even their mannerisms are just so wonderful!






8 comments:
We haven't been to the zoo in forever. And the weekend was gorgeous here, too. And what is up with those trains...that makes us adults have to ride with our knees pressed tight to our necks? :-)
You did pick an awesome day for the zoo!!
We have those same pictures of the girls sitting on the lions and Komodo dragon.
And thank God they have bars at the zoo...maybe that will keep us away from any more wild animal encounters!! :)
Love your music to go along with this post.
Excellent pictures, by the way.
LOVE the zebra picture and SAM'S HAIR!
Glad you enjoyed the zoo before today's scorching heat.
Summer is almost here!
love the pics... you look like a pro! wish we could have been there- i love the zoo and have never been with you guys. xoxo
cute little monkey hanging from the tree... oh AND the one with mama! soooo sweet!
great pics! God creates incredible beauty oh yes! looks like it was a "wild" day! :)
btw... did you see my note on the belt?
I have not been to the zoo since the kids were little.
You took some awesome pictures. you should be proud of your camera skills...
I love you little guys hair,,way to cute
Oh I love the zoo!! Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm all about the monkeys... go figure!! :) ~Jill
so cute! every time I take animal pics on the Disney Safari. And every time I don't have a clue what to do w/ them :)
Looks like yall had a great time
Post a Comment