Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to Life

Hello Blog Friends!!  I'm back from my week long sabbatical off from blogging and in the world of preschool festival fundraising, and back to my life, which this week will be consisting of the mounds of LAUNDRY that piled up in those short 7 days!!  
It looks "do-able" now when the piles are only up to my knees, but last night about 10:30, when the ENTIRE load was up to my chest, I was feeling quite overwhelmed for what awaited me this morning!  

JUBILEE IS OVER!!  Whoopie!!!  It was a lot of work by a great team, but we are all ready to get life back to normal...whatever that is!  "Normal" this week consists of teacher appreciation, field trip, Mother's Day Tea, and my brother's college graduation & BBQ...but it's all good and at least for the most part, I can plan and prepare right in the comfort of our own home, with Sam keeping his schedule here!  
 A couple snapshots of our silent auction efforts...
It ended up being an ABSOLUTELY beautiful day!  A cool front came in the night before and blew all the humidity out, so it was still a bit breezy that morning...most of our displays ended up blown over so we  just kept them down flat instead of us needing to run over every time something fell over.  The day ran very smoothly and QUICKLY!!  All that time & effort put in, and in a few short hours, it was over and done till next year...

Mamamia and I got our hubbies to do the hamburgers & hot dogs for our class' booth, so they had a good time visiting and doing some "pre-game" commentary for the Spurs game...too bad that didn't end up so great!!  
Annie and cousins Emma & Grace, who came up for the festivities, had a fun time booth hopping and winning the Hannah Montana basket...it was already torn into before I had a chance to take their pictures with their special treasure!

Jack and cousin Wyatt also enjoyed themselves at the hair spray painting booth...

Then there was Sam, who was busy decorating a visor AND a cookie...YUM!  Can't you just imagine the crunch from all the sugar that was poured on to that cookie?!?  Oh well, it's just one day!

This was my souvenir...no, not the ACTUAL pot, but a snapshot of the pot that Jack's class(with a lot of help from his teacher)made to be auctioned.  The real pot went for $325!!!  Couldn't swing a TERRA COTTA pot, with the chance that it could be broken & dropped on the way home, into the budget this time...so I just made sure I got LOTS of pictures!!!  

Our Jubilee Team...consisting of Mamamia, myself, & our good buddy, Sharon!  If you ever feel the "calling" to be involved with school fundraising efforts, these are the two girls you want with you!!  We really had a good time, and even look pretty nice despite the long night before, getting there early that morning and the long day!  So happy this one is done & in the books!! 

Wes had given me this t-shirt a while back just to wear around and I kind of forgot about it till I came across it stuffed in my drawer last week,  but I made a point to wear it every night to help get me through because I sure needed the strength of SuperWoman!!
To all the women I know, in the "real" world and now in the blog world, I know you all give of yourselves tirelessly day in and day out at home, at work, volunteering, and all with smiles(most of the time) on your faces...I consider you ALL  Super Women!!  Go forth with all your strength & powers to have a wonderful Mother's Day Week!!  
The back of the shirt says...
I will achieve the goals I set out to achieve. I will believe in myself and be proud of my accomplishments. I will pursue the dreams that people tell me are impossible. I will not be bound by walls nor by the average idea. I will love without regret and set an example for others to follow.  I will be Super at all that I do.  I will embrace who I am and shine like a star.  I am a Super Woman.  Yes I am.  Yes, you are too...
If you haven't heard or read about this story of the incredible Super Women on the Central Washington University and Western Oregon University softball teams, you have to check it out on one of my new blog friend's sites.  It is awesome and such an inspiration!  I can't imagine the type of women they will end up to be!  Thanks for sharing All My Kids!!   I had 11 comments on my last post!!  So fun to make new friends!

4 comments:

MamaMia said...

Ah, yes...back to blogland...I can't wait! I'm taking another day of rest before I attack my house that is a disaster and laundry--my kids ran out of socks the other day--who runs out of socks??!! My poor family hasn't had a good meal in a week and I haven't been to the grocery store in two!! But, what a great Jubilee! I'm glad we won't see that craziness again until next year Dancing Queen.

Love ya!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

well... SO glad you did stop by & said hello! thank you... so nice!

girl... you are busy... take on a ton! should we give a shout out to SUMMER! it's almost here! yeah! well... sort of! i give myself a few weeks before i go nuts! :)

my laundry is up to my chin too! seriously! that laundry!

Honorary Indian said...

OMG. I love that shirt. Where did Wes find it?!

Need to get me one of those...for those days when I'm feeling LESS than a superhero...

Welcome back to blogland!

LINDZ said...

Looks like it was so much fun and a huge success! Sorry we missed it.... Great job though! Looks like a ton of hard work......Super Mom rules :)

Lindsey