Ok, Boys and Girls...let's play a game!
(I'm channeling Mr. Rogers...one of my childhood favorites)
Can you look at the pictures and see if you can guess what has been going on at the Holland house??
Picture #1-We see a box fan & a sweaty little girl sitting at the computer playing Webkinz.
Picture #2-Oh My...a thermostat reading 80 degrees in the middle of the day!
It must be awfully hot in that house...
Any guesses yet...maybe the a/c unit needs freon??? Hmmmm...good guess, that's what I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT (hoped)
Picture #3-It looks like some repair men loading up an old a/c unit into their truck & probably thinking, I wonder why this crazy lady is taking a picture of her old a/c unit...little do they know this crazy lady has a blog and needs it for her next post!!
Picture #4-OOH...here we have a brand new, shiny a/c unit! My...I know those are VERY expensive.
Picture #5-A calculator with lots and lots of zeros...perhaps a symbol of someone's bank account...
So, Boys & Girls, have you solved our puzzle for today???
That's right...the Holland's a/c unit broke, leaving them miserably hot, and after much run around trying to get someone out to have it fixed BEFORE next week and a lot of tears shed, they now have a nice, cool house once again. Can you say "ouch" and "ka-ching"?
Thanks for playing!!
Hard to believe it's just Wednesday...it is Wednesday, right?? My days are mixed up, because after my brain cells fried from the warm house,( we are in South Texas, where the humidity & heat have already arrived) and we got it all replaced and working again, Jack, 2 hours later, then started running a fever & throwing up....so he's home from school today. Calgon...take me away!!!
BUT...did anyone see American Idol last night??? My favorite idol sang Duran Duran!!! I was sooo excited!! I know he didn't get good reviews, which I knew that was coming, but it still brought my very crazy day to a sweet ending. How many of you thought of me when you heard it??? Pretty funny, to even have my mother-in-law call and tell Wes, "boy, Suzanne is really gonna love idol tonight!"
Sending you COOOOOL wishes for a Happy Hump Day!






14 comments:
I know it was a sucky day yesterday, but it can only get better. You have reminded me to praise God for the cool air. I'm happy Jack is doing better today.
And yes, the first thought in my head was you when I heard David Cook sing Duran Duran. :)
Oh wow...ouch! Our a/c went out a few years ago...but we decided not to get on the computers because we were afraid they would burn out from the over working of the fans! Are you worried about what might happen next? 'Cause things happen in threes...
nooooooo!
that is a tough one to swallow!
the really GREAT thing... you will be cooool!
it makes me crazy nuts to spend money on things like that... we will be spending a fortune on landscaping this month... uggggh... trying to remind myself... just money... God WILL take are of all our needs! :)
What a stinky day....I hate when you have to spend $$$ on big items...I have to say I am with Kat and I do believe that things happen in threes...has anything else happened? If not watch out girly....
Kat & Hip Mom...my hubby is not happy about the "threes" comment!! :) Actually, if you knew what the last 15 months have been like, we have WELL SURPASSED the "threes"....BUTTTTTT...yesterday morning(after the air/sick child) we woke up to find our sprinkler system still running...it comes on in the middle of the night, and water had been running down the street for hours, SOOOO can our broken sprinkler & $1000 water bill next month count for our #3, so we can be done???
Glad you stopped by! Been wondering where my new buddies were...
Oh No!!!!!!!!!! You need to have Nelly's song "It's Gettin Hot in Herre" playing in the background of the post. Like Kat said, Ouch!! This is sooooo us!! Matt and I constantly have this kind of luck. Geez!!
Okay... I'm seeing cute URL photos... who are we still missing? Carissa, Hip Mom? Gitter done! :)
Dancing Queen... even with your A/C broken, you are still too cool for school!! ~Jill
Actually, the song that DID keep playing in my head while all that was going on, was the new Jordin Sparks/Chris Brown song "Can't Breathe (without air)";)
i so thought of you when I heard david cook bust out with the durn duran... I knew you were going to be a bigger critic than simon!!! ha ha -- i loved it. ... sorry about the bad luck. sometimes you just have to laugh it off.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA XOXOXO
Well, you must have been One Hot Dancing Queen. Giiirrrllll, our renovations included 3 new a/c units! When I eventually show pictures of my 'finished' house, you'll know why we don't have furniture. Our budget would have been spent on a/c's! Ha!
So glad things are cool again! Living in Texas.... I guess our 2 weeks of Spring our over :)
Blessings!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. Nice to "meet" you.
This happened to us a few years ago. So nice to hear it click on for the first time after a loooooong day.
I am so sorry you guys have had so many cruddy things happen lately. We are with you and think that we have definitely had our "3". But, my kids are healthy and we have everything that we need, so these cruddy things are just bumps in the road- right?
As much as I would like to be back in San Antonio, I must admit that the weather in California is still nice and actually kind of cold at night. We went to Disneyland on Wednesday after school and had to bring jackets. Fortunately, our AC does not run here much. A very good thing because utilities are sky high like everything else in California. Just filled up my SUV at $3.99 a gallon. Ugh! I NEED my big car with 3 kids, a husband that is 6'5", 2 strollers, and an extra friend or two everywhere we go. I expect it to be $4 by next week.
Well, gotta go. Hope things have "chilled out" around your house. Duran Duran had a concert here last weekend and I definitely thought of you...
I can definitely relate to not doing well in the heat....if it is too hot, I cannot sleep...I like a nice cold chill in the air with lots of covers:)
Oh yes and I DEFINITELY thought of you when David Cook sang Duran Duran.....almost called ya!
Love ya!
I'm with ya sista- I don't do HEAT well either! Cute blog! Jennisa did mine too- Her group of designers are awesome!
hey there...
i was just adding you to my sidebar... hope that's okay... and it hit me... what do you like your blog to be called?
to the moon & back
dancing queen
the Holland five
shoot... :)
Post a Comment