Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Hyatt Hiatus

We went TOTALLY exotic this year for our vacation...it took us 20 MINUTES!!! to go about 4 or 5 exits down for our staycation, but man was it worth it!!  Our family enjoyed their first trip to the Hyatt Hill Country Resort right here in our own backyard of S.A.  With everything being so expensive this year and after taking a bigger excursion last summer, we decided to do things in our area.  We've never been, have heard NOTHING but wonderful things about it, and after arriving, we parked our SUV Sunday, and never left the premises till we checked out!  We truly felt like we were hours away...it was great!  There were activities at all hours of the day & night for the kids & our whole family to enjoy...face painting, pony rides, carriage rides, a beautiful playground, hair braiding, biking, movies on the lawn, smores EVERY NIGHT  by the pool, awesome food, and of course, a beach area and the man-made lazy river where you can tube till your hearts content!  Our kids were in heaven!!  And if you're needing a little getaway, you can make it over to the Windflower Spa for all kinds of beauty treatments...Wes encouraged me to try it out, so I spent a couple hours being pampered & pedicured!  231 pictures later & lots of wonderful memories, we can't wait to go again!  

8 comments:

Jennifer Price said...

So glad to hear that you guys had a great time. I can hardly wait for the new San Antonio Marriott resort to open- it will be similar with the lazy river, kid's water park, beautiful grounds, etc. The Hyatt looks wonderful, but we are forbidden from enjoying other brands (hee-hee). So glad you posted some pics- are you feeling better?

MamaMia said...

I'm jealous! It looks like a wonderful time and I love all the kid friendly activities.

Glad to see you in one of those 231 pictures!! :)

The Queen's Castle said...

How fun! I love Hyatt Hill Country! Lucky you... only 20 minutes away! Aren't they the best memories! Many blessings & glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this resort!! Glad your family had a fun time. :) ~Jill

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

there ARE too many beautiful places in our "backyard"!

sounds like it was fun for everyone! love the pics! :)

Haley said...

i see that we didnt make the slide show! ha -- love the pictures! so cute. xoxo

Hipmomofboyz said...

I love the Hyatt, We stayed there over the New Years and had a blast. They had a carnival for the kids,swimming,hay rides, night golf. I bet you had a wonderful time...

DD said...

I need to hit a spa.. I'm jealous