Thursday, July 24, 2008

We're BAAAAAACK!


Well, our va-ca is O-V-E-R!!  We're back tacklin' laundry, payin' bills, answerin' e-mails, & loadin' the 231 pictures I took in 3 1/2 days!  Don't worry, I won't post them ALL!!  We timed our little getaway just perfectly, because today we've had Hurricane Dolly showers all day long, so it's been great to stay in jammies & catch up on reality!

I did receive one special thing when I was gone...this Brillante Award from my blog buddy Angelica over at Angelica Grace Designs.  Thanks, girlfriend!  You were so sweet to think of me on your month long hiatus in Florida!!  I had gotten a couple awards from Mamamia
Well Behaved Krissy not long ago, and never had the time to really do anything w/them, but thanks to you two girls too!!  So nice when you FEEL THE LOVE!!!

Everyone I "know" out in blogland, has already been acknowledged several times, so I hate to bombard you again, but a couple that I would like to bring attention to, may not be as familiar to some of you.

Our niece Maggie "Saving the World Before Bedtime" receives the award 
because she is off working at a camp way up in New York for special needs
children & missed her whole summer here in South Texas to be there
for those kids.  It's been great to keep up w/her this summer through her
blog & to learn about what she's been doing.  Way to go, Mag!

I also honor Meg and her blog, "Whatever" because everything she does
& touches seems to turn to gold.  You have to go check out her bathroom
remodel pics....AMAZING!!!  She is a mom to 5 kids!!!  5 kids I tell you,
and her house, photography skills, and talents of cooking & kid's activities
I covet every time I click on her page!  I want to be you when I grow up!!

Finally, my friend, Jennifer "Price Party of Five" way out in CALIFORNIA, is a  
   South Texas girl who moved out west with her family because of her 
hubby's job this last year.  She jumped on the Blog Wagon after Mamamia
& I told her how great it was, and I'm so glad she did!  Now we get to 
stay in touch & see each other's kiddos more than ever!!  We miss you, Jen!

Go out & make it a BRILLANTE day!!  Share the love!

Vacation pictures to come...




6 comments:

Shanan Strange said...

Can't wait to see your pictures. We were supposed to be at the beach, but good old Dolly ruined our last vacation of the summer. UGH! It sure has been nice to see some rain, though.

Angie Seaman said...

Hey girl. I have a fellow blog friend wanting to get in touch with your family member that makes those cute tee's. She can't leave a message on your blog though because you don't accept anonymous comments. Therefore, do you have an email address for her and I that we could reach you through regarding purchasing the t-shirts. If so, feel free to email me directly at Angie@AngelicaGraceDesigns.com
Thanks bunches! Angie

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

glad your back safe & sound!
i agree... the much needed rain there is a blessing. i love rain when i need a day inside to get things done.
looking forward to seeing your vac pics!

meg duerksen said...

now...i know i left a comment here already.
it disappeared!
i was here...i promise.

thank you for this award.
how sweet.
i think you think way too highly of me.
but it makes me feel good. :)

looking forward to your vacation pictures!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

i think you're right... our grandmothers must have found each other. my human mind goes crazy attemping to imagine how all that works.
my grandmama always told me how much she loved my blog & to keep writing. gosh... i miss her terribly!
they are living in glory... knowing that makes me feel so great!

hope the yuck passed & your back to "all good"! :)

Maggie said...

hey suz. thanks for the shout out. that is so sweet of you. three more weeks.i miss you all. talk to you soon. maggie