Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Summer Favorites

Ok, who out in Blogland doesn't LOVE watching Oprah and her Christmas & Summer Favorites show...maybe you don't like it in that you are the one not in the actual audience, trust me, I would give anything to be there too, but it did inspire me to do a post about MY summer favorites thus far this summer!  I think all my blog buddies should do a post of their favs...I love to see & get ideas from my friends on items they just can't LIVE without!  So here they are...in no particular order, the items I have purchased or have been given that are just making my summer OH SO MUCH better or that just bring a smile to my face whenever I see it or use it!

Summer Fav #1...Now this one, is at the top of my list because I absolutely love it!  You all know by now, Mamamia, my bestest buddy, and that last week I turned the big 3-6!  As you see from all my posts, I am a picture fanatic...may not be that great, but I take pictures of EVERYTHING!!!  So she surprised me with a beautiful, floral camera strap!  Isn't it too cool??  I love, love, love it!   Check 'em out at this ultra fun etsy site...lots of patterns to choose from.  Thank you, Mon...you always pick out the ABSOLUTE perfect gifts for me!!  I put it on immediately, & they are a pain to take on & off, so here's my not so great shot of mine.


Summer Fav #2 is this cute, collapsible basket from Container Store .  My family gave me this one, but it also comes in 2 other colors.  I have so many ideas for what to do with it and can't wait to put it to use!

Summer Fav #3 are these cd's that look like the old 45 vinyl records...man, did I use to buy my share of those in my younger years.  We are constantly buying music off iTunes, and making cd's, and these were just too cute to pass up at Best Buy.  
Summer Fav #4...Philosophy body washes!  I love just about every scent they make, but this summer I am really lovin' their lime & margarita scents!  They smell soooo good & fresh!  
Summer Fav #5...Ben & Jerry's "everything but the..." flavor ice cream.  I have gone through pints & pints of this already...too yummy!  It has everything you can think of in it...chunks of white chocolate, chocolate almonds, peanut butter cups,  Heath pieces, sooo good.  
Summer Fav #6...Smashbox "Fusion Soft Lights" highlight powder.  I am not a big makeup wearer, especially in the summer & I am quite fair, so this gives me color & hides my "imperfections" with one fell swoop of the makeup brush.  
Summer Fav #7...Pottery Barn fishing net table runner.  I am a seasonal decorator, and love making my house look festive with some "beachy" inspired things.  I thought it really made my bowl of sand & shells that we collected on our trip to Gulf Shores last summer, stand out & pulls it together.
Summer Fav #8...CROCS!!!  Can't live without 'em...our family has multiple pairs and this pair is on its way to my house as we speak!  Even though I haven't tried THIS pair on yet, I have the other flip flops and they are on my feet constantly, so with the way cute pattern, I know they will become a fav for sure!!  Who says Crocs are ugly??
Summer Fav #9...Nintendo wii & sport accessory pack!  Our family has played many a game and conducted quite a few family tournaments with this thing, so when we saw the sport handles to add to it at Best Buy, we couldn't resist.  Makes it all the more realistic when you beat your opponents!

And last but not least Summer Fav #10...Wild at Heart tees!  Who is Wild at Heart, you might ask, well, actually they are 2 of our nieces, who are sisters & IN COLLEGE, who started their own little business designing t-shirts.  Aren't they adorable??  They sell them at various craft shows, Canton Market Days, etc., but I just can't get over the fact that they are in college & doing this...I wasn't that with it yet!  They are so soft & I love the vintage colors.


Honorable Mentions go to...Sonic happy hour from 2-4pm, where you can get drinks & slushes 1/2 price everyday!!!
Also, The Next Food Network Star is the show I am attached to watching every week...of course, it doesn't hurt that there is really nothing else on but reruns, but I am a Food Network Junkie!!!
So, that's my list...and after I started thinking, there were actually a lot more that I could have added.  It's funny how you can become attached to certain items & brands, even after a short amount of time.  Soooo, go ahead...start making your lists!!  I'd love to see what things are making your summer all the more better!
What are YOUR Summer Favorites??

12 comments:

MamaMia said...

I love, love, LOVE this post!! How much fun are you?!

You know I get ALL my ideas from you so I'm glad I'm up to date. I don't know if I have anything fun to share, but I'll think about it and get back to you.

You need to learn (and so do I for that matter) how to use Mr. Linky so that everyone can find the lists in one spot. Let's consult Well Behaved Krissy.

Too cute!!

LINDZ said...

Well sign me up for this talk show....I want one of each! These are all definite great things to have on a fav's list.....Ulta has a brand of soaps now too and I love COCONUT anything in the summer time.... :)

meg duerksen said...

i put my favorites on a week or so ago.
not necessarily summer favorites...just favorites.
these were mine.

http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/2008/06/a-few-favorites.html

these are all fun.
i need to try out the philosophy stuff.
sounds like it smells yummy.

Hipmomofboyz said...

Well, I have to say I love everything. I too have the crocs, wii game and I want to order one of those way too cute t-shirts. Do they do customs?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

What a great post! I think I might do this next week. I am always on the look out for good Thursday Thirteen topics...and this would be perfecto...and give me lots of time to ponder and procrastinate...

And I love the t-shirts! That is so great that they have their own business. Do they have a website?

MamaMia said...

So, I just saw your comment on Honorary Indian's blog...I just told Carroll that I wanted to do the 1/2 marathon earlier in the week. Rebec's doing it...wouldn't it be nice if my two best buddies could finally meet?? And Darcie said she's doing it...we would all have so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

really fun stuff- I don't think I have anything quite that cool-
I will have to do some thinkin-
I too live in my croc sandals-
and I love those cute t-shirts-
You are just the coolest! I think you deserve a spot on my blogroll!

Maggie said...

suz!!! i was waitly anxiously to hear from you on my blog!!! yay for family. anyways, i love your list....if i had more time i would for sure make mine. as of right now....coffee and sleep are my two favorite summer things...as well as packages in the mail. they say i get more mail than campers. ha. perks of a big family. anyways, i looked at all the pictures from the various activites that have taken place and i must say it looks like everyone is having a great time. i miss you all very much. see you soon. maggie

DD said...

Oh sonic happy hour absolutely tops my list. LOVE IT!

I'm sorry I will catch up this weekend I SWEAR!!! Hugs for being faithful to reading me.

Honorary Indian said...

HOW FUN! I want a t-shirt, too!

And, those CROCS! HOW CUTE!

I'll need to do my own list here soon...summer is almost over!

HOORAY for the Rock-n-Roll 1/2 marathon!!!!!!! JUST DO IT!

DD said...

Do you want to do this as a blog carnival chicka?

Heidi Zawisza said...

I just started using smashbox makeup, and I LOVE it!!!!!