Friday, October 24, 2008

Funny Friday

I don't know if "Funny Friday" is a blog post starter yet, like Best Shot Monday or Wordless Wednesday, but if it isn't it SHOULD be and maybe I'm starting a trend here, who knows!  What I do know is that I can't get through a single day without trying to find humor or create humor in some way.  Then if you're
 the mom of 3 children at various ages, humor is BOUND to come to you!  Here are a couple stories from 2 of my children from the last few days.  Surprisingly, Jack is not one of them...THIS time!

OK, you all know OR SHOULD HAVE read my last post titled "My Dream" where I talked about my dream is to dance on DWTS and the conversation I had with my children about it.  Well, yesterday after school I told Annie I found the PERFECT song for me to dance to while I was on DWTS and told her all about it.  A little later on, this is what happened...

Annie: Mama, I really don't want you to go on DWTS.
Me: Annie, why not?
Annie: Because when we go out to Hollywood to see you & watch you dance, I'm going to have to miss so much school that I'll have to be in study hall for 3 or 4 days to catch up!  

Gotta LOVE my 8 year old daughter for even THINKING I could get on DWTS and for thinking that I'm sooooo good that I won't get voted off IMMEDIATELY and she'll miss a lot of school:)  Oh yeah, she's getting some extra chips in HER allowance jar!!


My other Funny Friday story/conversation took place with my 3 year old son, Sam driving him to preschool the other day.  Being that he is 3, he's trying to exert his independence, do EVERYTHING himself, not wanting any help, you remember those days if you're not living them at present.  Anyway, we were going along, he was not happy with some answer I gave or that I wasn't turning around to look at him do something, I can't even remember, but this is what happened next...

Sam: I'm mad at you.  You're gonna go to jail.
Me: But Sam, if I go to jail, then who is going to pick you up at school.
Sam: Well, (he uses well, to start his replies to almost everything) I can walk home by myself.
Me: Oh, Sam, then how are you going to walk home and cross the street with all these cars?
Sam: Well.....(long pause)    I don't know!

I burst out laughing, then he followed and just to hear his little voice be so, so sure of himself and all the answers he was giving, then to admit that that part, he didn't know was so cute!  Now he also told me the other day that my legs were scratchy and that he was gonna get his tools to fix it.  He enjoys watching Bob the Builder and Handy Manny, so I guess his male mind already has him thinking he can fix ANYthing!!  

Happy Funny Friday!!  Any funnies you'd like to share????


7 comments:

Haley said...

no funny story from jack? that is shocking! everything sam says cracks me up because he is such and independent little person now... i forget he can talk. I cannot wait until next week... i am sure there will be plenty of laughs while we watch brandon and wes get their "pumpkin on" you and I can just stand back with our cameras and laugh. ta ta!

Jennifer Price said...

Your kids are so cute- and I think that you COULD be on DWTS! Want to come out and see a taping? I wish that we lived closer- Logan and Sam would be the best of friends. Your blog made me think of something funny, but I decided to turn it into a blog on mine instead of taking up so much comment space. Hope you have a happy Friday!

HiHoOhio said...

Just chewed out a solicitor and it was pretty funny to me, not so much him I bet!
Love the squeeky music bit! Rainy and cold in Wyoming OH!

MamaMia said...

I just love these stories and how great is it that you can document them here.

That reminds me, I've heard that you can have your blog turned into a book. I'll need to check that out. You can have all your funny Fridays in one place for a keepsake.

See you in a bit!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

oh mama... he is gonna fix your scratchy legs... so sweet... can he come fix mine too! :)

all i know... i sure do like your "funny friday"... full of goodness!
thanks for the BIG smiles...
now you better go get to practicing your dance!

Anonymous said...

Funny Fridays rock!! Great idea...

Annie is really doing some heavy planning about your DWTS advancement. I can just see you and your partner in that red light and the hear the loud "heartbeat" in the background right now... that would really stress Annie out.

I agree with MamaMia... what a fun blog book that would make. :)

Jill

Shanan Strange said...

Loved that! I'll have to join in on the fun.