Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

It's here...it's here!!!  Halloween is FINALLY here!!  Thank goodness!  I feel like we've been getting ready for weeks & weeks and I've got to put all this candy to rest!  All in good fun...
Wes & his special PARTNER, my brother, Brandon will be setting up the yard getting ready for the evening festivities.  Of course, that meant first, doing our annual Family Carving Party.  We threw on a pot of chili, burned a couple Halloween cd's, and the "boys" went to work on the driveway.  Brandon informed us that aside from Christmas and Thanksgiving, carving day was his favorite day of the year & he even turned down opening night tickets to the Spurs game just to join us.  You could tell from their giddup last year, that they really get into things!  

The pumpkins were carefully selected, Annie, Jack & Sam put in their requests for THEIR OWN special pumpkin to be carved, and the Holland family carving tools were once again brought out for their one night to shine!!  
The kids scraped & scooped & pulled out seeds till their heart's content...
Did I mention he REALLY gets into his work???
These were ready to be washed & roasted...YUMMMMMM!
Darkness set in, but with 5 pumpkins to be carved, there was no time to rest!
On to the next...
The finished products...Annie's unicorn!!  The stencil that Daddy found didn't quite meet her standards so he freehanded this one!  Thumbs up!
Wes' Flame Eyed Jack-o-lantern
Any guesses whose this is???  Yep, Sam is STILL into Batman, even one year later!
Brandon's Jack-o-lantern that he affectionately named...Teddy???????  
Jack's Speed Racer in honor of his Speed Racer birthday party next week...he'll be 6!
Almost ready...
Trick or Treat!!!

10 comments:

Haley said...

sad I missed it :(

I cant beat that UTSA one I did that year! maybe I will make an LHP one next time... hmmm

I will see you guys is 7 hours :) xoxo
be ready for pictures

HiHoOhio said...

Check out ours, we carved inside because it was 40 last night!
Happy Candy Day!!!

Hipmomofboyz said...

How fun and you guys did a really good job. I really love the batman....
And yes hubby did take the pictures at the UT game, I told him he had to at least take 15 pictures or else...

Jennifer Price said...

I am anxious to see pictures of your costumes this year... Happy Halloween!

Jennifer Price said...

Where are the pictures from last night??? I woke up this morning and got on to see what kind of creative costumes you guys had last night... hurry!

DD said...

My lawd child, thats a lot of punkin guts. I've never SEEN one person have so many punkins. wow!!

Do you still hate me so....
why dost thou keep thy word verification on.....

Angie Seaman said...

Love those. Lots of great creative I see there. Too too fun! Hope it was a great night for all of you. Also, thanks a million for giving to the "Bailee project." You are the best girlfriend. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you helping to keep this drive going. It means more to both of our families than I could ever express. I'm forever grateful!
Big hugs girlfriend,
Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

MGF said...

Th batman pumpkin rocks. I may have to steal that idea for next year.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome Jack-O-Lanterns!! Great carving!! I think Teddy is my favorite.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

we do chili too!!!!!
of course i add fritos & cheese... can't be too healthy! :)

i lOvE all your pumpkins... some serious pumpkin carving talent there!