OK...can my week get ANY better? As I was fast forwarding through the commercials, watching my taped shows on the DVR during naptime, I catch a glimpse of the words DURAN DURAN! Those who have been reading me for a while remember this post when I talked about how I record everything AND how much I STILL love Duran Duran! I've seen them twice now in the last 4 1/2 years after being such a HUGE fan in my really younger days and had an enormous crush on the lead singer, Simon LeBon. One of my childhood friends and I would even fight over who liked him the most. Soooo, after rewinding back to the start of the commercial, I see that they are coming HERE!!!! And tickets go on sale TOMORROW!!! AAGH!! Only problem is, they are here on a Monday night in December, so FIRST gotta work on hubby to see if he's willing to go with me a 3RD time to see his wife feel like she's 13 again, and SECOND gotta see if I can find a sitter. We'll see what happens...he's in court all afternoon so it gives me some time to think of a nice way to bring it up!
My week was ALSO great, as far as my mailbox was concerned too! Remember Monday I wrote that I had won a giveaway from Brown Eyed Fox?
Well....Wednesday this box awaited me in the mail!!! Is that a fast giveaway or what?!?
Look how beautifully she wrapped it! Such fun...
And here's my new HANDY, with a precious note attached! I wish this girl lived closer 'cause I know she would be a wonderful friend to have...although I most definitely DO consider her a great blog friend! Thank you so much, Carissa! I have my "handy" right on the bar in the kitchen and every time I see it, it makes me smile & reminds me of you & the wonderful ways I feel my new blog friends & blogging have enhanced me & my spirit for life!
Then...like Mamamia, on her post, I was also on the receiving end of another blog fairy, who we DO actually know in "real life", but never get to see, Miss Honorary Indian!! As you know, from this AND from my little widget counter up at the top that hubby made for me, I'm registered to run/walk (finish in some fashion!) my very first half-marathon...or ANY kind of race for that matter. Jennifer, being the great cheerleader/supporter/friend that she is, sent this beautiful handmade card & magnet with the mileage for the race, for the fridge as a motivator that I can do this race! How sweet is that?!? Jen, I know in my thank you to you I wrote how much that little something meant to me, but you TRULY will never know how much your friendship & support mean to me...even from afar! Thank you for being the caring, supportive friend that you are to SO MANY! I am blessed to know you!
Life is crazy these days...we're busy, we're trying to be SUPER moms, we're dealing with all sorts of issues going on in our country, we're dealing with all sorts of issues in our families and it makes me sad when I see other women/moms who do not support one another, even in the littlest of situations. BUT WOW!!! When you connect with girls like Brown Eyed Fox, Honorary Indian, Mamamia, and my other blog friends out there, it sure helps me get through my rough times just a little bit better! All I can say to each of you, is THANK YOU and you've got a friend in me!!
It's the little things that can mean A LOT!!
Blessings to you all----






11 comments:
awwwwwwe... friends are the best!
my day is BRIGHT! thank you!
loving your magnet... a reminder of your big success... woo hoo... it will be GREAT!
you DO love Duran Duran... that is so neat... and then they are going THERE... uh... you MUST go! oh pleeeeeeeease Wes... pleeeeease!
thank you for all your love! It IS so great to know that all of us have each another... we really are there for each other... really!
What a great day! I love the "handy" and plan to click on Hip Mom's website in a sec to enter her giveaway. I hope that Wes will agree to Duran Duran- I cannot imagine how excited you were when you saw that! Have a great weekend!
Surely Wes can't pass up taking you to Duran Duran again, especially when they are here in town!! They can't be THAT close and you not go!
I can't wait to see the Handy in person...so cool!
You're right about these blog girlfriends...what a huge support!
...and I'm hungry like the wolves!! Duran Duran rawks!! Sweet friends... blog friends... how could we live without them? I don't know what I'd do without my blog buddies. You gals are my "pick me up" while I drink my coffee in the morning. You are always there... one day I hope we can all meet in person. Wouldn't that be so much fun? Hugs!! ~Jill :)
Duran Duran was my favorite! I had no idea that they were coming here. Hope you get to go.
Loved the "handy" giveaway. One of these MOnday's, you need to do a "Not Me Monday..." They are so much fun.
Have a great week!!
Surprise Surprise! Love it when that happens! What a fun week and happy you shared! Smile on my face!
Good luck with that 13.1 thing, you might just BE crazy!!!!!
i should really start studying for my tests instead of checking out blogs! so... what ended up happening with duran duran? Didnt you see them when you were really pregnant with jack? maybe sam? and almost got held back at security--ha ha ha. I will help you make a shiny "i love simon" poster. xoxoxo
Love the hand. Great find in the ol' mailbox. Congrats again on your win. Too fun! I bet it looks adorable in your home.
Hugs, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com
HEY!! Come see my new blogitude!! Woo Hoo!! ~Jill :)
Well you really are, "hungry like the wolf," for those tickets! So, what's the word? Are you going? Sounds like a ton of fun and you can't top the Majestic :)
Tagged You today......still love Duran Duran?????????????
Post a Comment