Friday, May 23, 2008

Need Your Prayers

To all my absolutely AMAZING new friends out in blogland, I know if we were all in the same room together, I would love you as much as I do in your blogs because you seem to be such great Christian women & moms.  I just wanted to ask that if you have a chance in your day today, to say a little prayer for my family.  My (almost 91 year old) grandma, as seen here in this picture with Sam at Easter, has fallen and shattered her hip.  She is actually doing very well & is resting comfortably with medication, but the kink came late yesterday evening, when the doctors heard what they think to be a heart murmur.  The cardiologist & anesthesiologist are not wanting to do the hip surgery, while the other doctor does.  So it is kind of a pinball machine game of back & forth, with my parents in the middle trying to sort it all out.  My dad is my grandma's only child, so this all falls solely on him & my mom, who both are so devoted to caring for her.  Some sort of decision will have to be made this morning as to what to do and where to go from here, so as I asked, if you wouldn't mind adding them to your prayers today, I would truly appreciate it!  

Wishing you all a great Friday & super Memorial Day weekend!
Stay safe!!!


8 comments:

MamaMia said...

I will lift her up in prayer right now Suz. Keep me posted.

You'll be headed over this weekend, right?

Love ya!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I will absolutely add your grandmother to our prayers. I'm glad she's comfortable...and I hope the docs figure it out soon.

Angie Seaman said...

Praying incessantly girlfriend. Grandma's are such a HUGE part of our lives and we are so fortunate to get what they give us as we grow older. Their life experience is priceless. I'll definitely be praying for wisdom and discernment for your Dad and your family in general right now. Stay positive and keep the faith!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

DD said...

Father God,
You are the great physician. We pray that you touch and heal in whatever way you see fit "grandma". Help to bring comfort to her father and their family as a whole. Bless them Lord and send your comforting Holy Spirit to sit with them by her bedside. Amen

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

absolutely!

holding her & your family in prayer!

LOVE!

Jennifer Price said...

Suz,

I am having a hard time finding the right words right now (sorry!), but I will definitely be thinking of you and your family. Grandma's are awesome and she is a strong woman. Please keep us updated.

Jen

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your grandma and your whole family. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I'll be home tomorrow...

Love,

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Consider it done!! Keeping your grandmother in my thoughts and prayers. Matt's grandad is 95 years old and we've dealt with some of the same type of issues.

Blessings, Jill :)