36....3 dozen
4 shy of 4 decades
1/2 of 72...
Anyway you slice it, I'm 36 years old today! 36 years old!!!
I don't feel 36 years old, I don't think I look 36 years old, but here I am!
I do not get upset about birthdays...in fact, if it wasn't TOO OBNOXIOUS, I'd put a sign in the yard announcing that TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!! I'm really liking my 30's, and these last couple years especially. I love that I'm growing & who I'm becoming...I have a core group of girlfriends who are like me, who I'm comfortable being me around...they are beautiful, smart, fun, great moms, but they're not afraid to be themselves, go around without makeup or dressed in workout clothes(and I mean TRUE workout clothes) and that to me has made the biggest difference. I always felt growing up that I wasn't an outsider, I wasn't IN either, I was always a follower, and felt like I had to be...especially in a town with a 6,000 population. But now, at 36 years old, I've come to really like who I AM, married to an incredible, smart, man who I happened to start dating my senior year in high school & who spoils me like no one else can, a stay at home mom(who isn't really home much) to 3 beautiful children who inspire me everyday to be better, a good friend, a reliable, hard working volunteer, and someone who isn't afraid to keep trying new things & to keep learning! I've started running more this year, I STARTED A BLOG, which I had no idea what that even was last year, I co-chaired the preschool festival w/my best buddy, served on the interviewing committee to find a new director & teachers, and the list just seems to go on & on with all the new experiences I've had. It's really very exciting! And given the fact that Annie will just be in 2nd grade, Jack will be in Kindergarten & Sam starting preschool, the opportunities to grow & learn will multiply I'm sure!
So to ALL MY BLOG FRIENDS, I hope that you will have a glass of wine or a margarita & make a toast to BIRTHDAYS!! Because I'm sure if we lived in the same town, you would be a BIG part of my core girlfriends too...I have you on my list because you are all REAL WOMEN, who are not afraid to live life & have fun like girls!!
Happy Birthday, too to Mamamia's little Piper, who shares July 1st w/me!!
My 1st Birthday...35 years ago!

And many more....






14 comments:
You rock birthday girl! I will spare you my singing, but I'm raising my glass to you.
Love ya!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I'll be sure to toast you later today (it's only 9am...). : )
Celebrate yourself today. You most certainly deserve it.
XO.
Happy Birthday Big Sis! And here's to many many more!
Love ya,
Lindsey
happy birthday to you. happy birthday to you from the catskill mountains and maggie in new york!!!! happy birthday to you!! i had a cup of coffee and toasted my dear aunt who sang ironic in a tennis racket many years and somehow never remembers that she did that. ha ha.... have a great day. love you
Happy Birthday Suz! Hope you have a great day! I celebrated my 34th birthday on Saturday. We went to see Wall-E and have lunch by the beach. Too much fun. I am sure that Wes has something fabulous planned. That man does spoil you and love you to the moon and back! How blessed we are with our families. I will have to toast you later. It is only 8:30 in California and I am just now making coffee...
happy birthday beautiful!!!!
Happy birthday! I only have a coke to toast to you now (hopefully my only one of the day).
Cheers to you! Enjoy your day!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, we're really glad you came. Happy Happy Birthday from our O'Charlies gang. We really are excited. We hope you are impressed. So happy happy Birthday, to our O'Charlies guest.
There, now you can pretend like I took you out for a nice dinner at O'Charlies. ENJOY!
Happy Birthday girl! Sorry I missed it - just now checking in on your blog since being away on vacation. Hope it was the best one yet!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com
Happy B-Day, I hope it was great!!
What a wonderful blog. I just hopped over from another great blog to take a look and I have enjoyed. I hope you had a happy birthday and dont mind a stranger commenting.
Your name got me in.
I hope you had a happy birthday. I don't feel too sorry for you since I am about 7 months from the big 40. I just cringe every time I think about it.....
Hi there! Happy Birthday! I am a HUGE fan of people who are turning 36 this year... because I am too! Yay us!!! My birthday isn't until October. I have declared this year "the biggie" - not because of fear, but because it is the 20th Anniversary of my 16th Birthday!!! We're planning a crazy 80's party - 1988 again. Except without the awkwardness (can't spell THAT word) and, like you mentions - lots of wonderful friends!!!
Happy 36! The 30's really do rock!
well...it's only noon and your birthday i past but i will have a cocktail on you anyway. :)
looks like you are having a great summer.
and you know what?
i am loving my 30's too.
Post a Comment