I have been absolutely GLUED to the Olympics every night...staying up waaaay too late, shedding lots of tears, and being OH SO PROUD to do it all over again the next day! I love, love the Olympics!! I even cried today when they showed a clip of the Georgian & Russian beach volleyball players hugging one another before their match despite all that is going on with their countries right now. It is just amazing, and like nothing else! The commercials have been even better than the Super Bowl in my opinion...go check out the original clip that one of the Visa ads is taken from, over at my buddy Honorary Indian's blog today...DEFINITELY a tear jerker & one that captures the Olympic spirit and the love and devotion of a parent. INCREDIBLE!!
It may not have been the Olympics, but I was still a very proud sister of my brother, who even after all his years on the Varsity golf team in high school, still enjoys to get out on the courses EVERY chance he gets 6 years later. He brought home a little of his own "gold" this weekend back in our hometown at one of the local tournaments. He was very excited & when I checked out the online edition of The Cuero Record today, was tickled to see it already written up in the sports section with his picture!!! Way to go, Brandon!!
Off to get dinner going...Olympic coverage starts in about an hour & I don't wanna miss a thing!
GO TEAM USA!!






4 comments:
Yea Brandon. I forgot Haley mentioned they were headed to Cuero this weekend for a golf tournament.
I saw Honorary Indian's post earlier. I was crying so hard, I couldn't even post a comment. Boy, did that tug at the heart strings.
Summer Olympics are the best! I'm afraid I'm running out of DVR space. My favorite so far has been the Men's 400 Free Relay...unbelievable...I was standing on the couch!!
Way to go Brandon... that is great!
And Cuero... a cousin by marriage was the former major of Ceuro! funny!
I was sooooo sad for Horton! He was so spot ON in the team event!
I love the Olympic spirit...
always reminds me how we are all in this world together... no matter where we are from!
My brother is on the USA olympic team handball team. However, the team has NEVER qualified to actually GO to the olympics. They always get stomped at the PanAms! ALWAYS, but I've always thought it would be pretty darn cool to go watch him. Problem is that he's now approaching 30 so he's only got a few years left anyway.
I feel your pain, I am until midnight every night and when they are not on NBC you can switch to the Oxygen channel and watch there. I am going to be sad when they are not on next week. What will I do?????
Post a Comment