Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer Memories-June 7th

We're off catching a few waves & building some sand castles on our last vacation for the summer...but I have so many fun memories to share that I hadn't gotten to post yet, so thought I would do them throughout these last few weeks...sniff sniff!



Here's our Day in the Country that I tried to post weeks ago...spent a Sunday afternoon out at Wes' mom's place hangin' out with ALL the cousins & aunts/uncles...when you don't have a slip in slide & 20 minutes away from town, what do you do???  Make one out of a tarp & use lots of baby shampoo!!  Wes is always in the middle of it all with the kids...
Poor Jack...
Let's try a little more soap & see if that works better...
Wes and his brother...big kids in almost every way racing their way down in clothes no less!
Yep...they were payin' for those moves the next day!  
I'm seeing this as a future Olympic event, don't you??  So excited for them to start...I've got the DVR set to record the opening ceremonies tonight!
Go TEAM USA!!
A very rare creature in the city, but pretty cool to see in the woods.
Annie & Grace...always attached at the hip!
Sam found someone to give him attention...his big cousin, Emma
Ice cream time!

A candy pull with Aunt Cindy...
Who says you need fancy water parks to have a good time?
GO TEAM USA! GO TEAM USA!

7 comments:

MamaMia said...

The title of this post makes me sad...summer has gone by so fast. :(

Glad to finally see these pictures. Looks like a blast.

I haven't seen a walking stick in years. They must have all retreated to the country.

Have fun the rest of this weekend.

Honorary Indian said...

What great, old fashioned fun.

Sigh. I don't want school start. Yet, I am looking forward to a routine when it does.

Trevor and I are rsvp-ing for August 25th!!!! I cannot wait to see my blogging buddies.

And, unlike when Priya started kinder...I'm going to be a mess when I drop off Deven for school that morning.

What can I bring? Besides a ton of tissues for my tears?

DD said...

FUN! I love the red-neck slip and slide. Get GREESY BABY!

Jennifer Price said...

I LOVE it! Looks like the kids had fun- and Wes probably had even more fun! We don't go back to school until September 4th, so I am refusing to believe that summer is close to being over...

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

it is the simple things... a tarp & some baby shampoo... sure to make a good time! I LOVE THAT!

really fun!
do we really have to go back to the "real world"... school and all! :)

Hipmomofboyz said...

Way to cute....I love the idea. You don't need any water parks, and to think you did not have to stand in line to ride the rides

Shanan Strange said...

Looks like my kind of day! I am so sad to see summer coming to a close.