More summer memories to recall & smile...school is approaching fast & furious! Teacher postcards were in the mail today and we were THRILLED with the teachers all 3 of the kiddos will be having! Annie will be in 2nd grade & Jack will be starting KINDERGARTEN!!! next Monday. Sam is chompin' at the bit to go to school & wants a backpack, a lunchbox, supplies...but he'll just be going to preschool Tuesdays/Thursdays from 8:45-11:45 and doesn't start till after Labor Day. So fun to see him sooo excited though!
Annie completed her 4th year of dance the beginning of June & performed beautifully at her Spring Recital. Her dance school puts on quite a production at a HUGE theater downtown, so just to get there, two days in a row for both the rehearsal & the actual show itself takes a lot of planning. Once you see them on stage looking oh so fabulous, it is well worth it! She loves performing!! I took dance for 15 years & would STILL take if I could fit it into my schedule...I love, love to dance so watching her especially makes my heart swell!
Putting the finishing touches on her hair & fastening in that hat! We did NOT want it flying off in the middle of the routine!
Quick snapshots outside on the riverwalk...this costume was such an eye catcher!
Her tap routine was choreographed to "Hit the Road, Jack"...the costume fit it perfectly!
Ballet was HER favorite this year...she LOVED the costume when she first tried it on. It really made her look like a prima ballerina!
This dance was performed to the song, "Let's Go to the Movies" from the movie, ANNIE!!
Annie is SO VERY LUCKY in that she has her very own makeup artist do her up every year...Aunt Lindsey!! Mama could never do as good a job, so we always make sure she's got her calendar marked to help us!
Annie and her adoring fans...what a cheering section! She was feelin' the love...
Proud mama & daddy!
After the show, we headed to Mi Tierra downtown in the market for some YUM-MO Mexican food! It was a perfect ending to a great day...
Cheers to a year of hard work & a beautiful job well done!
"When you get the choice to sit it out or dance...DANCE!" LeeAnn Womack






9 comments:
I still cant get over how great your pics are from the recital!!!!! these are great.... you don't even need me anymore! tear :)
Annie with makeup on is a little Lindsey...beautiful!
I love her ballet costume. Your pictures are awesome!
Fun to "go back" to the beginning of summer. It has gone by too quickly.
Oh how precious!! Lovin' that leapoard costume!! Dancing Queen... you are looking pretty cute yourself with that adorable white shirt on with that super cute necklace. Looks like lots of dancing fun... ~Jill :)
she is so precious! she is gleaming and her smile must have lit up the room!
my lil bit wants all the school supplies too... wants to be a big kid now!
all the best as you prepare for back to school. :)
Oh my - she is so gorgeous! Those costumes were to die for. I need some in my size. She was stunning. Great shots you captured. Good family pictures too. Love those! Tell her we said awesome job and that she looked beautiful!
Hugs girl, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com
So cute. I am such a bad mom. I can't stand paying so much for all those costumes. That they wear for one evening. And then it goes in the dress up trunk.
o.k. I am so jealous,,,,girl power and she had on leopard. That's a girl after my own heart......
She looks so pretty....I have to go and clean mud out of my sons cleats...fun, i know
o.k. where did you get the pendant you are wearing. I just got some to make necklaces out of to put on my etsy site....you know in all of my spare time
Beautiful pics and GREAT rockin costumes. Love em.
Post a Comment