Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And Then There Were None...

at least for 6 hours a week anyway.

Sam started preschool yesterday...he could not WAIT for this day to come!  We have been a family there for 6 years now, so this place is in his blood!!  We love, love, love it and he knows the ins, outs, and teachers like the back of his hand.  Isn't it so great when you feel such a connection with a place like that??  Especially one that has such an important role in your life to play!  He only goes Tues./Thurs. mornings, and was already SOOOO disappointed not to be going this morning.  He kept telling me, after seeing Annie and Jack off to school, "But mama, I'm big now!"  
And don't I know it!!

It is going to be pretty strange to be alone in the suburban for those little jaunts, but there were NO TEARS yesterday...from either of us!!  

The school year seems to be off to a successful start for ALL the Holland Five!!


Our BIG boy now being Mr. Independent!

9 comments:

MamaMia said...

I could just eat him up...he's so adorable!

He really does look like a big boy, especially when I saw him on the playground.

I can't wait to hear what you did yesterday morning. I think I would sit in front of the TV and watch all the "bad for kids" shows or play MY not so appropriate for children music. :) Of course, you and your efficiency...I bet you got caught up on laundry and had dinner made by the time Sam came home.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

that smile... that hair... after miss mamamia is done... i will eat what's left! :)
so sticken cute!

how great to have some time... to yourself! quiet i'm sure.

now... just go shopping... fill up that suburban! :) :) :)

DD said...

awww. I know you're torn about how to feel about this, but there are NEW adventures to come.

Honorary Indian said...

I got all teary-eyed when I saw Sam carrying that all-too-familiar blue tote bag. We love that school, too, and are so grateful for our years there.

Thankfully, the preschool here is wonderful, too.

Who is Sam's teacher?

Enjoy the solitude. It's addicting!

Anonymous said...

As much as I loved those preschool Tues. and Thurs. mornings... those M,W,F mornings were so special because we could leave our p.j.'s on until noon if we wanted. Those were the good old days. No p.j.'s until noon anymore for me.

Congrats Big Boy Sam!! Congrats Mommy for getting some errand running time. :) ~Jill

Anonymous said...

Oh Dancing Queen~
I left you a comment in my "Today Show Shocker" section... I never got your original comment that you left. The commment moderation was a bit confusing for me, but I never saw your first comment come through. I would love for you to add your original comment if you can remember that far back. Please rack your brain!! Please remember!! :) ~Jill :)

P.S. Funny that I felt the need to turn on the comment moderation for that post. I had a fear that I would anger a few teens or a few "free speech" radicals. I was a bit nervous.

Jennifer Price said...

Sam looks so big! How exciting- I want to know what you did. Kathryn started third grade yesterday and Logan and Camryn will go to a preschool program at the Church on Monday for 3 1/2 hours. 3 1/2 hours flies by when that is your only morning each week to run errands, doctor's appointments and pedicures with no tag-alongs... I think that I may come home this Monday after grabbing a starbucks and just sit here in the silence. Maybe take an uninterrupted bubble bath. I feel like a bad mom for admitting this, but I am pretty excited about Monday. Hope everyone is still doing well- how is kinder for Jack?

Shanan Strange said...

We looked for you in Rockport. What was the address of the house on Seabiscuit that your friends live at? We chickened out and left Sunday.. I was afraid there would be a lot of traffic coming into San Antonio. It was a fun, but much shorter weekend. Let me know when you go back!!

LINDZ said...

Um, but I AM crying! My gosh where did the time go by? Seems like it was yesterday when Annie was there. I loved when I would sub every once in a while! Now SAM!!!! Good grief! Come on, you can find a spot for #4, can't you?!?!