Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The gift of blogging

I've only been an official "blogger" for about 7 months, but a blogger "stalker" for almost a year! ;) It has been such a gift to network with other moms from ALL over the world and share pictures, stories, traditions, and recipes, but MOST of all, sharing our roles as women & mothers and the ins & outs those bring to our lives every day!  There are times I'm sure my husband and even my family and friends, who DON'T blog by the way, wonder why I take the time to do it and connect with my blog friends on a regular basis...but if there was EVER a reason to continue blogging, read about this story...I heard it on the Today show yesterday & it truly shows the good & the power that networking in this fashion can bring to even a HORRIBLE situation!  Please pray for our fellow mommy blogger & her hubby, and the four children at home they are fighting to live and come home to!
Read on...

8 comments:

MamaMia said...

Just recently heard about her and the tragedy. Missed the Today Show segment though...thanks for sharing.

And AMEN to your post. Blogging buddies are the best!

HiHoOhio said...

That is a beautiful post and by clicking on all the links inside all the other blogs, I got so much insiration from everyone. I am a blogger and was Staulked by one of Jen A's friends here in OH. We are now REAL LIVE FRIENDS! She is awesome, Heather, and it is another reason that I believe in the blog. Yes, I spend too much time doing it probably, but too bad!
Thanks for the story!

meg duerksen said...

pretty amazing right?

she must be such a special girl. her family must be having such a hard time. so sad but inspiring to see the good in others.

hope you like the cookies. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. I miss it on The Today Show. Yes... I love my blogging buddies too!! Maybe one day we can all meet in person!! :) Thanks for your comment concerning Hurricane Ike. Wish us luck because we are staying. I'll keep everyone posted on my blog as long as we have power. ~Jill

Hipmomofboyz said...

This story is so heartbreaking...
I have been reading her blog and she sounds like such a wonderful person and mother,

Angie Seaman said...

Amen sista! I'll second all of that. I have no idea what or how I ever made it thru life before I had all of you blogging buddies. The blogger community rocks!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

love you! for sure... blogging friends ARE friends! we just MET through blogging1 :)

yes... i was aware of Nie & her husband... the crash. God bless the pilots family too... he died in the accident. The outreach for them has been incredible!
Most importantly though... prayer... they have a long road ahead!

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you