Friday, September 26, 2008

Hodgepodge

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!  Can I get an AMEN?!?  I'm so glad...the week just seemed to fly by.  Both kiddos decided they would eat from the cafeteria today(for the first time this year) so that meant I got to sleep in about 15 minutes longer...woohoo!  It's the little things, right??  

We have quite an interesting weekend ahead.  Annie and I will actually be heading to a local attraction(I'll reveal next week) for a Brownie troop sleepover this evening.  It should be fun, but I'm planning on not getting much sleep....strange place, strange people, being without my body pillow(I guess I could pack it, but that may seem a bit "diva-ish").  We do get to take air mattresses, so thank goodness for that!  Wasn't quite up to renting a $5 cot and not knowing how many before us have slept there, if you know what I mean:)  But, again...it should be fun & Annie is over the moon with excitement!  We're asked to start checking in at 6:30 and eat beforehand...they do not want us bringing any food.  Are they crazy??  I NEVER eat that early, and ALWAYS have a little before bedtime snack...we'll see!  But...it should be fun!  Did I say that already???

OOH...wanted to show some embellishing I did with candy corn!


BEFORE...


AFTER...
What do you think??  I LOVE decorating with cheap, seasonal-ish items.  Who can beat bags of candy corn for $1.98 each??  I thought it turned out great!  I'll show you other things as the holidays (and candy selections) change.


So, back to our hodgepodge weekend...after getting a WONDERFUL night's sleep at the Brownie troop sleepover, we'll come home, get cleaned up and switch gears to attend a more dressy affair with Wes at a firm dinner that we are attending tomorrow night.  Wes has been working with this firm for a few weeks now, and I have yet to meet everyone at the office, so it will be nice to finally put faces with names.  I was just planning to wear a black cocktail dress that I bought a couple years back at Nordstrom's for our anniversary until I came across this dress...
Is it not so cute??  When we went down to C-town for all the birthday celebrating, I popped into one of the local boutiques.  I NEVER, EVER find anything when I'm there, BUT this dress jumped out at me right away and it was $47!!!  How can you beat that???  It fit perfectly & I can't wait to wear it!  It's very loose & flowy, so I don't have to worry about hiding A THING!  
I'll try to get Stacy, whose watching the kids for us, to snap a quick pic to show it on!!

Finally, for a little chuckle to send you off this Friday...can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since Ike caused so much heartache & trouble!!  My grandma, who lives close to the coast in an assisted living center, was evacuated up here...just 10 minutes away actually, so we got to go visit her the morning before she left to go back home.  After finding out which building she was in, we were driving around looking for Building 2...Jack in his "efforts" to help find it yelled out
"I see an old lady!!"  (meaning we MUST be in the right place)
Wes, in a not so happy voice, "Jack...we don't say that"

Immediately Jack replied..."She's pretty...she's pretty alright!"

We cracked up...amazed at how he's learning that flattery can help make up for a lot:)

Wanted to give a shout out to my hubby for making me the ULTRA cool widget for the BIG race coming up very, very soon!!  Yes, I'm still "training" so they call it...I know I won't be running the whole shebang, so I'm working on improving my time on my walk, as well as lengthening my distance for my run...but most of all, I'm really having a good time & enjoying it!!  I'll learn a lot from the whole experience, I'm sure!
Thanks, babe for taking the evening to get it up & going!  
You're too good!

Happy weekend everyone!!  Think of me tonight...I'm sure I'll have LOTS to share next week.

8 comments:

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

candy corn makes everything better...
if i were you i'd be sneaking a baggy full of those gems to pull put & enjoy while at the brownie sleepover... i won't tell! :)

that dress IS way cute... cuter on you though i'm sure! pics will be a must! :)

Jack's old lady comment... hilarious!

you go girl... that is THE coolest thing you are doing the race... you "diva"!

Shanan Strange said...

I was wondering who the heck David was.. I though I had a secret admirer.. ha ha.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I love the pics.. that dress is adorable!!

MamaMia said...

Great dress. Like I always say, I'm going to have to follow you around when you go shopping because you find the cutest things for the best prices.

Looking forward to hearing about the weekend.

I'm still planning on stealing Wes' great counter creation...just need to find the code...it keeps taking me to the sight to make your own. I'll have to get Carroll on it right away because my next post will be about the race.

Oh, I was getting a little freaked out about this David guy...he seemed to know me very well and he didn't have a profile. ;)

Angie Seaman said...

That candy corn added in there is so cute girl. I love it! Great thinking! And your dress is adorable. Hope you guys had a great weekend.
Hugs, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

Anonymous said...

Love the candy corn "before and after" project. Gotta go old school with candy corn in the fall. It's a must!! What a nice new widget. Your hubby rocks!! I'm cracking up at the old lady comment... too funny.

One more thing... that dress is too dad gum cute. Love, love, love it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I forgot to tell you to come over and sign my yearbook!! hee hee

HiHoOhio said...

cute decorations!
Better dress, love it!

HiHoOhio said...

thanks for the tip, if I only had HEB (boo hoo) missing it so much. Moved to Ohio in June!
Jen A gave me the sign, don't you just love it! My Motto!!!
I will be back too!!
Oh, antioxidants....perfect reason to drink!