Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays!!

September has ALWAYS been a month full of birthdays for us!  None of my crew is actually in September, but boy do we have lots of our extended family in there.  

Today, my sister is turning the ripe ol' age of 27!  So hard to believe!  I still see her & think of her as a little girl...not a married woman!  November 17 will already mark her one year wedding anniversary...where does the time go?!?  She is a great 3rd grade teacher here in town and so still very heavily involved with Fiesta.  Remember this???  I don't know how she manages to do it all, but she LOVES it!  When people see Annie & Lindsey together, they are usually more apt to think they are mother/daughter than we are, because of their similar looks...definitely two peas in a pod!  

Happy Birthday, Sis!!  Hope all your wishes(especially those involved w/buying a house) come true!  
Haley, my brother's sweet girlfriend, also known as Laura Haley Photography, celebrated her birthday last Thursday!  She's also QUITE old...23!!  We can't imagine family functions without her around, and joke that if she and Brandon ever broke up(not gonna happen) but if they did, we would still invite her to all our events!!  Her business is incredible for her age & she does a FAB-u-LOUS job!  Check her out!!!
Then we've got two of our nieces...the Adams sisters!!!  Maggie, aka 
turned 24 on Sunday and Emma, her sister turned 12, also last Thursday.  We got to celebrate with both of them at Emma's party at a new place down home called Magic Bounce.  Our kids had a great time!  Even with 12 years between them, these girls are very close!  And to show you HOW small town it all is, Maggie lives with Haley, my brother's girlfriend, up here while they are in college.  So our family is QUITE intertwined...but it's fun!  Hallmark definitely gets my business this time of year!
September 10th would have been my grandma's 92nd birthday, so it was a little sad coming to that day and not sending a card to her too!  I look at ALL these girls, Lindsey, Haley, Maggie, Emma, and even Annie with her August 29th birthday, and also being a Virgo and try to see if I can pick out similar personality traits related to their astrological signs.  They all are very spunky, sweet & independent individuals and I enjoy each of them & their company & fun times together so much!  

Happy Birthday, girls!!  May all your wishes come true...

Do you have a crazy birthday month in your family??

9 comments:

Shanan Strange said...

Thank you for introducing us to your beautiful family. Loved the wedding photo, you look gorgeous! Was that actually a bridesmaid dress? If so, your sis did good!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride!! What a beautiful bridesmaid!! Happy Birthday everyone!! ~Jill :)

Jennifer Price said...

Happy Birthday to all of your family! Can you believe Kathryn turns 9 this Sunday? September 11 would have been Ronnie's mom's birthday (we lost her to colon cancer 2 years ago) and September 13 would have been my Nanny's 90th birthday (we lost her this past March due to injuries sustained from a suspicious fall). So, lots of odd feelings around their days. BUT, I am looking forward to celebrating Kathryn's birthday this weekend. My parents are flying in tomorrow and then we will head to San Diego after she has a party with friends. I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to add next week. Take care and have a great week!

MamaMia said...

Yes, happy birthday girls!

I know your grandma's birthday was a bit sad. My grandmother's birthday always gives me an opportunity to think back on all those wonderful years. Of course, it makes me miss her terribly too so I know those mixed emotions.

March is a big one for us. Me, Bill and Jean, did I say Me yet? ;) Then there is our anniversary and Morgan and Lee's. Spring break and sometimes Easter...lots going on in March!

Hipmomofboyz said...

Wow so many b-days...and they are all so young, makes me feel OLD....
We only have Connors b-day which is in 2 days and he will be the ripe old age of 11.....

Haley said...

wow!!! this was such as surprise to read while i am sitting in boring International Marketing class! thanks again for my awesome camera strap- you always get the PERFECT gifts! it my blog was more than just the header, I would post pics of it... i just cant seem to actually get it up and running. Maybe a fun session with your kiddos to inspire me? xoxo love you

MamaMia said...

You are freaking me out girlie! I kid you not, I was just looking for a counter (or should I say counter downer, ha ha) for the half marathon and didn't have any luck earlier. So, I'm so going to steal yours because my next post is about the RNRSA.

LINDZ said...

Awe! I love that pic! Where did you get that one.... I have been searching EVERYWHERE for the perfect pic of us at the wedding! Geez, I thought I had them all :) Thanks for the birthday wishes-- made me cry-- AGAIN! I sobbed all the way home after dinner last night thinking where did 27 years go! It still seems like yesterday when we were making palets on the floor and watching David Letterman.... and planning YOUR wedding (even though I was a bit irritated you were leaving me at the time)! And, YIPPEE, I think I had the BEST birthday surprise ever when we got the house :) :) So, thanks for those extra prayers! Ok, if I write anymore, I will need my own blog-- off to work again-- BOO!

Love you, Sissy!
Lindz

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

okay is everyone in your family cute or what!

Happy Birthdays all around!
hip hip hooray!