For the 3rd time in the last few years, we decided to dress up as a family for Halloween AND use that opportunity to snap some pictures and use it for our Christmas cards. The outfits are bought anyway, everyone feels like having fun, and it is done waaay ahead of time so there isn't a big stress to find other clothes and time to take an "official picture." This year, as you may remember, we went back in time to the 50's!!! The boys usually go with anything we choose, and all we had to tell Annie was that she could wear a pink poodle skirt, and she was THERE!!! You know Haley, my brother's longtime girlfriend, and now official college graduate!! Yay, Haley! I'd post pictures from her graduation, but she's not walking...she chose to go on a cruise with friends in January instead! Anyway, she is 23 and an absolutely awesome photographer! I've talked about her several times & have her referenced on my sidebar...so occasions like these, it pays to have a photographer in the family...or ALMOST in the family. She took these of our crew in our neighbors yard, before we went trick-or-treating, because our yard was full of tombstones, fog machines, and other crazy stuff. I loved the end result, but here are a few others that turned out cute too! Thanks, Haley! I've gotten lots of compliments!! I'm sure one of these days, MY children will make your blog!
Are we so hip & happenin'?!?

Our pink lady & t-birds...

One cool little dude...

Jack is Mr. GQ!! Once you get him goin', he gets all into it!



All my boyz!!! Handsome & oh so cool!


The lovely pink ladies...Annie had fun, but she doesn't like to be photographed on her own much.

Loved this one!

Danny & Sandy 2008!!

It was so hard not to just crack up, especially with neighbors walking by...

"Tell me about it, stud!"

Too funny not to laugh...

And Ta-Da!! The end result!! Haley has awesome templates to plug the pictures in and found this card to match our "theme" perfectly!! After doing all the editing & such, the cards were here in 3 days! It's electrifying!!!







10 comments:
Too much fun!!! What great costumes! Those boys of yours...little heartbreakers! Too stinkin' cute!!!
You and your daughter are adorable...lovely pink ladies!!
SO cute! What a great idea!
Poodle skirts rock! You know, I held on to my saddle shoes from HS dance team for years. Loved them.
just THE best idea... and more fun than ever! how in the world you were able to chose the ones to use... they are ALL so great!
way to go Haley!
good for yall... i can imagine it was full of laughs... the shoot!
Aw man, it just deleted my comment that I spent five minutes on...ug!
I'll try to remember what I just said...
FINALLY!...One of you two posted these pictures. It's probably a good thing that you waited. That way you didn't spoil the surprise for the Christmas cards.
I'll say it again...this is my all time FAVORITE card/picture(s) of you guys. Too too cute and awesome photography Haley!
Love ya!
well, I love this post! i thought I would beat you to it and I am not sure where the time went! ahhhhhh
i cannot wait for the new year... i have lots of plan for fun/ funky pics of your kiddos. ... hmmmmmm
miss you guys-- i am an OFFICIAL graduate as of 4pm today :) yipeeee
Those are awesome!!! Jack is Mr. GQ....
Have fun at RHS I bet the they are going to be so cute doing their dances!!! Let me know where your sista moved, too. And I hate to keep buggin you, but can you find out about the t-shirts????
Oh my gosh look at these precious pictures. Your children are beautiful and look at you, you HUBBA HUBBA in your little poodle skirt. hahah! Precious! I'm sure your friends and family love getting those pics. Hope you're well. Merry Christmas!
Ok, you are far too clever! I am impressed totally! DARLING! Happy Everything!
Hey, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has not had time to blog! I hate to keep buggin you, but you said that you got some info from your sister-in-law about the shirts. Can you email it to me at
malheffron@satx.rr.com
thanks a bunch
Post a Comment