OK, so I didn't really cry, but I wanted to...

Yep, the Duran Duran concert was cancelled! Still can't believe it! I had been sooooo looking forward to going. Found a great turtleneck and sweater vest coat to wear last week at the new Nordstrom Rack store here in town, had the sitter lined up, dinner & craft activity planned for the kids to do with our sitter, our wonderful niece Maggie, who this month is on our payroll, and was looking forward to a great evening with my hubby rockin' out. In fact it was Maggie, who first gave me a call about 12:45, when her mom saw the news at noon with the statement about the concert being cancelled. I said, "Are you serious?" Maggie's reply "Suz, I wouldn't joke about this with you." Sure enough, I went to their website, and
there it was...
the OFFICIAL statement. A decision hasn't been made yet if they will be rescheduling, and we are guaranteed a full refund of our tickets, but I'm still bummed! I was looking forward to being taken back to my younger days and jammin' out like a teenager. Who knows...maybe it WILL reschedule! I'll be sure to keep you posted, you can guarantee!!
So, Wes stayed at the office to work late. He has a very hectic schedule this week with a big hearing on Thursday and was STILL managing to take time out to take me. Love you for that, babe! And since we did just go out for our first date anniversary last week, I just decided I would take a raincheck on that too. I'm still working on our Christmas tree and spent the evening working on homework with Annie and my own WILD BOYS, then relaxed with some of the many catalogs & magazines that have been cramming our mailbox lately. Oh yeah, and I did enjoy a little grown up beverage and a couple Godiva chocolate truffles(just to make me feel better) with a toast to Duran Duran and the hopes that they'll choose to come my way sometime again soon!






6 comments:
WHAT??????
Canceled?????
WHY??????
Man, what a drag.
You totally deserved that "adult" beverage you enjoyed this evening.
what!
they can't do that!
girrrrl... i am sorry!
Oh Man! Cancelled due to an ear infection? Pu-lease. It's obviously a man with the infection, because we all know if it was a woman, we would have played anyway. Hope they re-schedule it soon.
P.S. Don't ya love the new Nordstrom Rack? I was there twice last week. I just know we will run into each other soon.
That is a bummer!!! I can't believe it! I hope you get to see them again soon...I would have been bummed too. Glad you got to enjoy some chocolate though...that's pretty good! ;)
No Way!! Booooooo!!
You've got awards to pick up at my blog!!
Hey there! Hope you are doing well!
I gave you a blog award on my blog!
Blessings!
Post a Comment