Friday, December 12, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I love, love hearing testimonials from friends about things that THEY LOVE and enjoy using and/or giving as gifts...remember when I did my Summer Favorites??? 
I thought it was a fun post to share, and now that I've been finding some great things now around the holidays, I wanted to do it again!  
So here are a few of my FAVORITE things that are making my life so much better & fun this hectic time of year!  Some are very cheap & basic, but hey, I'm a simple gal, so bear with me!


Ok, first up...very basic, Dixie Grab 'n Go cups!  My mother-in-law had gotten these cups to have at her house because all the grandkids drink hot cocoa like crazy around the holidays.  Our house is no exception!!  My kids drink it daily this time of year, and I hated giving them an actual glass mug, and with Sam, it was easy to spill, so these are great!!  Prevents big messes & they're able to sip easily!  Found 'em at our grocery store!  
Raspberry Ginger Ale & Cranberry Splash...I love feeling festive with special drinks & these are all good for me & the kids because they're basically just flavored Sprite & Ginger Ale.  Very tasty & you feel like you're at a party everyday!!!  Our grocery store has 'em stacked on the end caps and have them priced at 5 bottles for $5!!  Can't beat that!
Red & green tortilla chips...in San Antonio, a definite MUST!!  They seem to be everywhere, but HEB makes these in the bakery and they are EXTRA good!
Blue Diamond Honey Roasted almonds...I discovered these in my marathon training, as a way to snack & get protein, and now I can't get enough of 'em!  So, so good!  I've bought two cans at a time lately, because I just grab a few during the day when I just need a little somethin'.
William Sonoma Mulling Spices...I think they are really meant to make for drinking, but I put just a bit with a little water in a pot on the stove & simmer all day and WOW it makes your house smell incredible!!  They always have deals where it's a better bargain to buy 2 cans vs. one!  I buy this every Thanksgiving season and it lasts FOREVER!!! 
I love to cook and I love to bake and consider myself pretty good at both.  But something I really have not mastered is the art of candy making.  I just can't figure out the whole boiling to a certain temperature, hard ball stage thing...SOOOO when I saw this at the store, I was skeptical, but thought why not try it!  It literally takes 1 minute to make, a minute to stir, and then you pour in the box tray that they include, chill & bam, you have awesome fudge!!  It really, really is good!  It even includes the walnuts!!  If you have a sweet tooth like me, try it!!
Our personalized return address stamp that Wes gave me for Mother's Day one year is awesome, especially when you are sending out a gazillion Christmas cards...makes the job a snap!  This one is from PSA Essentials but I just got one for my sister and her husband as a housewarming gift from Three Designing Women  .
I think it is a great thing & lots of fun designs to choose from!
Philosophy Holiday Party Pack with Pomegranate Bubbly Body Wash & Lavender Bubbly body wash.  If you checked out my summer favorites, you know I love, love fun scented body washes.  This packaging was too cute & fun!!  I use it all the time!  Found it at Sephora...
Another of my favorite body washes this special time of year is the Philosophy Hot Cocoa body wash/bubble bath...smells absolutely heavenly!!!  WARNING...it may cause you to crave lots & lots of chocolate!!
I got this necklace for Annie's 2nd grade teacher because she loves wearing t-shirts about "2nd grade Rocks/ Math Rocks" she is waaay cool like that.  Meg over at Whatever, talked about seeing this girl at a fair in Kansas and when I checked out her website I fell in love!!  So many fun, fun things to choose from, great prices & awesome for so many people!!  Go check out 
Mom Agenda day planners, calendars & products are awesome, because they have space for you to write in schedules for you & up to 4 children!!!  Wes got this one for me for my birthday last year and it is invaluable to me!!  They have incredible deals going on right now too...
I love wearing fun t-shirts and my sister-in-laws have these in their shops.  I've also seen fun t-shirts from Gap and Target this year.  Who says we can't feel like a kid too?
So that's it!  I'm sure there are lots more things that I'll think of, but these are the ones that just make me smile & happy & enjoy the ins & outs of everyday life just a bit more...PLEASE, PLEASE share some of your favorites...or things that you love to give to the special ones in your life!

  Happy Friday!!

16 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

What a fun post! Check out mine today, too...

MamaMia said...

Way better than Oprah's list and much more affordable!! Love it.

I wish I would have discovered the Cranberry Sierra Mist before last Friay...I had to calculate how much ginger ale to a larger bottle of cranberry juice for the punch at the teacher luncheon!!

On my list this year is an address stamper.

Do your sisters-in-law have a website...been meaning to ask you for a long time. Do they sell to individuals? We tried buying frames from Cecilia one time and she only sold wholesale.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

ooooooh... i love this!
and is that fudge good... i am NOT much of a cook... so something easy AND taste good... SO there!

very fun!

Angie Seaman said...

Love the stamp from three sisters designs-I couldn't live without mine. The fudge sounds very similar to a fudge recipe I make in the microwave. Yes, the microwave. Takes all of 5 minutes and everybody WUVS it. :) Great favorites list girl. Wish I could find some of those red and green nacho chips. So festive!
Hugs, Angie
PS...I am currently sporting my "MY KIDS ROCK" tee that is from my AGD line. Love the necklace and so will her teacher. Great gift!
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com/

Quirky Mess said...

Hey there!

I was going to say "What a fun post!" but our mutual friend beat me to it! :-) So, I'll echo her comment and add What a great idea! I scooped up the raspeberry giner ale too. Love it!

Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier!

Amy said...

How much fun!!! I loved this post! I did it too! I love all your favorite little things! I may have to invest in those little cups! I wash way too many!

Jennifer Price said...

I love all of your ideas! I want to come to your house so that it "feels" like Christmas! Everything here is in boxes- the movers come Monday to finish packing, load everything Tuesday and we fly into San Antonio on Wednesday. It is such a bummer that our stuff will not arrive until December 24 (yeah right) OR December 27th. How strange to have Christmas with no tree, decorations, and living out of a suitcase. It will all be worth it to be living in San Antonio again. See you soon!

Shanan Strange said...

Shut up!! I have that exact Mom Agenda in leopard. I got it in Boerne and get asked about it everywhere. It's great!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh I LOVE Philosophy!

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie said...

i had to delete it, because i acidentally typed my word verification in and messed it all up.....anyways, i think you know how much i loved this post....as i went and bought things for the mom.

ps. loved the chat yesterday :)

Haley said...

i love all of your favorite things :) great post! right now, my favorite thing is ALMOST BEING DONE WITH SCHOOL! one more test xoxoxo

Moon Mommy said...

HI! thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog (did you notice you are in my list of favorite blogs? I found you just before Halloween, instantly fell in love with your blog). I was so excited to read about the easy fudge (I, too, am a baker but can't make candy). One of my favorite things this time of year is Coffee Mate's Peppermint Mocha creamer - sooooo yummy!

Hipmomofboyz said...

I knew I loved you,,,you had me at cranberry splash! I love it,yum,yum. The my kids rock necklace I have, I found her and have been ordering wholesale from her, so you will have to check it out when I get my web sit up and running. I was in Canton 2 weekends ago and I think I got some shirts from your sister-in-law. Can u find out where she get her shirts and where she has them printed? I know she sells them at Canton, so I would not compete with her, I am working on a t-shirt design more for sports moms for my web site.....
you can email me at malheffron@satx.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Oh girl!! These are awesome favorites!! So sorry I'm just now getting over here to see this. My life has been nuts. My aunt passed away last Friday so I had to drop everything and travel to my mom's house and didn't return until last night. I feel so behind and lost!! I'll try to visit all of my blog buddies sometime this afternoon after I get my Christmas cards out. Love those vintage Christmas shirts!! Love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Jill :)

DD said...

I love this post. Its so extravagant. :) And you put so much thought for it. LOVE IT!