Sunday, May 11, 2008

Graduation Day

Whew!  What a weekend!  I hope all my friends out in blogland had a great Mother's Day!  And how excited was I to get a buckle & cuff  from Miss Brown Eyed Fox!!!  I guess my hubby pays attention to me afterall, because I was absolutely surprised & shocked when I opened it!  Thank you, Carissa for helping him out...they are just as cute in person as they are on your site!!
The majority of our weekend was spent preparing for & celebrating my baby brother's college graduation!!  Such a great Mother's Day gift for my mom(and dad), to have their last child graduated and moving towards being all on his own, right Brandon???   You remember him when I talked about him here and here and now he's all grown up, graduated and ready for the REAL WORLD!!!  Maybe congratulations isn't the right word to say after all?!?  He looked so handsome all dressed up, and very mature!!  If the professors only knew!!!  
PROUD PARENTS...
PROUD NEPHEW & NIECE...Sam stayed home to nap, while Wes prepared all the yummy, yummy BBQ for the Graduation party!  I think he was more than happy to do it & be able to miss out sitting in those hard gym seats for close to 3 hours!!
Ok, when did my brother get taller than me...I'm 12 years older!!  So excited, he actually hugged me 2 or 3 times that day!!
Look at the happy couple...aren't they so cute?!?  Haley graduates in December, but insists she isn't walking the stage!  
The sea of graduates...
Surprisingly enough, the ceremony actually just took about 2 hours, not counting the hour early we got there to get seats, so Annie occupied her time making her Uncle Brandon a poster for his party.
Jack occupied his time by taking a nap...no joke!  He fell asleep sitting right in this position.
And I played with my camera and the zoom lens to see how close I could get...
pretty darn close, but a little blurry...wonder what Brandon was thinking!?!
And now an even bigger smile, now that he's officially done!
My Family...
And then we rushed home to change, and get ready for the fun party afterwards!  It was a great day, despite the 100 degree heat!  And I really loved the message the keynote speaker gave to the graduates & their guests...something that is so basic, but still so important to carry with you no matter what age you are or what stage in your life you are in, it's just 5 words...
BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER!!  
I truly hope we all can remember that!
Next up, Jack's preschool graduation next week...you can bet they'll be a lot of tears shed that day, because as I just saw Saturday with my baby brother, they grow up right before your eyes in an instant!

10 comments:

MamaMia said...

Yea Brandon! So exciting for your parents I'm sure. Love the graduation music to go along with your post...you're getting good! ;)

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

how fun! did you boo hoo... when my sister graduated i was emotional nellie!

SO glad you liked your package! your husband impressed me with his thoughtfulness & he was thinking ahead... he was early... so sweet!

you had quite the weekend... hope you were able to relax & enjoy too!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Look at you...coordinated song and post! Congrads to your brother. And...yes, that pre-school graduation is bitter sweet. We still drive by our pre-school...and it makes me so nostalgic!

Hipmomofboyz said...

How exciting. Did you cry when he graduated or cry when you had to sit in those comfy seats for 2 hours.

Sounds like you had a great weekend...

Honorary Indian said...

What a special weekend you had...I'm not ready for Deven's preschool graduation at all!!!!!!

TWO IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL NEXT YEAR!!

You'll be right there with me...let's plan a BOO HOO breakfast in August!

XO!

Anonymous said...

Love your post!! Glad to be back in Blogaritaville! Missed all of you girls. :) Congrats to your baby brother!!

Haley said...

I know I am tired from the weekend! it is so funny that brandon is your "baby brother".... and... we are still going to get out party on when I graduate.. I just dont need the big production :) are you surprised? great post. I cracked up when I heard the music--- haha xoxo

Haley

meg duerksen said...

i just came over from carrissa's blog and wanted to say hello this morning.
that music immediately gets me all emotional!
it's crazy how long those ceremonies are. no one wants to be there that long...why do they make them so long?
it's nice to meet you (in blogland)
-meg

Anonymous said...

Now I see where you get your prettiness from...your Mom, Dad, sis bro are all pretty!! Congrats to your brother...I think it's neat that graduation is in the Spring..symbolizing new beginnings..and good luck..glad your back to blogging..sometime you just need a break!

LINDZ said...

Oh bubby is all grown up! I love these pictures too.....especially the one of just the fam! Would that be Haley behind the camera again??? Can I have that. We need to get it printed for Mom and Dad:)