Saturday, July 26, 2008

TAG!

What a week...I started the week on vacation, actually got to spend a couple hours at the resort spa having an INCREDIBLE spa pedicure, and ended the week in bed w/the stomach bug!  YUCK!   Today, I'm actually feeling worthy to be among the living again, but yesterday was a different story...and to top it all off, I'm having one of these weekends...just me & Doc hangin' out for the whole weekend.  I had tons on my list to do, since it is my last HURRAH alone before school starts in a month, a GNO planned with my girlfriend, Annie for last night...we were planning "Mex & a Movie" with tickets to Mamamia already purchased, thanks to her, and I was in NO SHAPE to even walk from one room in the house to the other, so I had to cancel.  sniff sniff  
I kept laying there thinking #1... if I call 911, because I really did feel like I was dying, how would I get to the door to let them in; #2... what a wasted day!!  I'm home BY MYSELF, which rarely happens, so much I wanted to do & get done, and I'm spending the day in bed!  AAGH!  But then night settled in, the sun arose this morning, and I'm feeling alive once more, so far only surviving on Dr. Pepper and yogurt, but it's a start!  
The highlight for my weekend, so far, was finding Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo on one of the movie channels late last night...it use to be one of my favorites back in the day...that and Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun w/Sarah Jessica Parker...I've always loved dancing movies.  I was SHOCKED to see it only earned 1 star during its release in 1984 :)  I have to admit, as desperate as I was, I even had to turn it during a couple of the parts...really not an Oscar contender, but I do love the dancing scene at the end!

So what do you do when you've got energy to actually move your fingers on a keyboard, gotta check my blogs of course...and I was so tickled to have a tag from Miss Jill at 
One Wired Woman.  This was a perfect post to get me back in the groove...not a lot of thinking involved, and time for me to work on loading my vacation pictures for my next post.  
Anybody out there open to play??



A. attached or single? attached since 1989, but only married since 1995!!
B. best friend? my hubby & Mamamia
C. cake or pie? pie...Tollhouse pie is my absolute favorite, but hard to come by!
D. day of choice? Friday...love the anticipation of what's to come, and Fridays are usually pretty laid back
E. essential item? my contacts or glasses...blind as a bat without 'em
F. favorite color? red and chocolate brown
G. gummy bears or worms?  not a gummy fan
H. hometown? Cuero, TX  ever heard of it??  probably not...only a handful of traffic lights & 6000 population, but they LOVE their high school football...our mascot is a turkey!
I. favorite indulgence? time alone...i don't need long, just a bit to recharge!
J. january or july? january is so depressing because i HATE taking down Christmas, and July is my birthday, so DEFINITELY July!
K. kids? 3 babies growing up way too fast...one girl, two boys (8, 5, and 3 years old)
L. life isn't complete without? my faith & family
M. marriage date? December 30
N. number of brothers & sisters? one of each...i'm the oldest by 9 & 12 years
O. oranges or apples? oranges...i love citrus!
P. phobias? don't think i have any, but i'm not a daredevil...don't think you could ever get me to parachute, bungee jump, ride a big roller coaster...
Q. quotes?  i have several on my board in the kitchen, but i'll choose "Be one IN a million, not one of a million" and "A happy family is but an earlier heaven."
R. reasons to smile? i feel truly blessed, my family & i are alive & healthy!
S. season of choice?  i love each season for different reasons...i know, the safe answer, but true!  so many fun parts to each of them!
T. tag five peeps...if no one has tagged you yet, guess what?  you're it!
U. unknown fact about me? hmmm...that's a toughy!  well, those close to me know that i am EXTREMELY sensitive & take practically everything personal...fun, right?
V. vegetable? i really like a lot of vegetables, but growing up, whenever we went out to eat, i always ordered fried okra & mashed potatoes along with my fried chicken leg, of course!
W. worst habits? being too sensitive & wanting to please EVERYONE
X. x-ray or ultrasound?  i've had both, although i've never broken a bone!  knock on wood...
Y. your favorite food?  i could eat Mexican (Tex-Mex) every day of the week, well...with the exception of today:)
Z. zodiac sign? Cancer...I'm a crab!!  ha!

OK, your turn!


7 comments:

Shanan Strange said...

Oh, I am so sorry you got the bug! I have actually had several friends get it.. must be going around.

You have to reschedule the movie. it's awesome!!

Jennifer Price said...

So sorry you have been sick! That is horrible- especially when you had great plans and time ALONE! Looking forward to your vacation pictures when you feel like loading them. Hope tomorrow is a better day-

jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hate that you got sick... hope you are all better now. Great job on your A to Z tag. To answer your question... we stayed at the Catahoula Lodge in Concan. It was in the Mountain Valley subdivision. All of those houses are so nice and they are big enough for several families to rent together. Yes, the river was very low while we were there. :) ~Jill

MamaMia said...

Suz, can't wait to catch up.

I'm sorry you were sick, but maybe it was good that no one else was there for you to have to care for or catch your bug.

Talk tomorrow!

meg duerksen said...

oh i wish you felt better.
maybe you do by now.
at least you got your spa time in.
imagine if you had to miss that!

Jennifer Price said...

Hope you are feeling better. I had not been tagged yet, so I just caught up on mine. Have a great day!

DD said...

This was a fun one, huh?

A MONTH... you have a MONTH till kids start back? My son starts a week from today!