Friday, August 22, 2008

Anticipation

Backpacks are loaded & lunchboxes are ready to be filled...(sigh)
Can't believe I'll have TWO of my babies in school...where does the time go?  Where in the world did summer go??  Wonderful times we had & some sad too...but all in all, Summer '08 was great!

I'm hosting my 3rd annual Back to School Brunch Monday morning, so it'll be nice to hang out with my girlfriends & shed a tear or two...tears of joy & sadness!
Do you do anything special that first morning of school after the kiddos have been sent on their way???
We're headin' to the pool for a morning swim & lunch before we meet our teachers this afternoon.  I'm hoping to treasure every second!

If you're in need of something funny this Friday, you MUST go check out this video...I love the Today show & all the gang & this really made us giggle...my kids insist we watch it over & over!  I tried to upload it on my post, but apparently I'm not that techno savvy yet!  I'm really gonna miss the Olympics...they've been so awesome!

Happy Weekend!!

9 comments:

MamaMia said...

Well, it's here, isn't it?

I'll be looking forward to the brunch and will be a complete mess, but glad I'll be boo-hooing with you.

Funny clip from the Today show. I can't keep up with these shows anymore so I'm clueless to what they are up to. Thanks for sharing!

THE Stephanie said...

That looks like right inside our front door!!

And I got your comment - thanks a million!! We're about to add a pricing option to completely set-up their blog, so if they have no idea where to start, how to set it up at all (i.e. creating a blogger acct, etc.), we'll be able to do the whole shebang!

Thanks for thinking of us! You're the best!!

Amy said...

I found your blog via Carissa...too cute you are!

I loved reading about your summer...so much fun. Just thought I'd drop a comment...your little playlist has 3 out of the 5 songs that I run to...kind of fun. Good choice in music!
Amy~

Shanan Strange said...

We've got all of our backpacks loaded too! One more stop to make at Staples, and I'm finished! I think I saw you comment on Jill's blog that we don't have a Staples...it's in the Rim, next to Lowe's.

Let us know how your first day goes. There should be some great blogs coming on Monday.

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

what a GREAT idea... a back to school brunch! i love that!
if i were close... i would crash it!

look at their backpacks... i love pics like that... the "anticipation" thick in the air!

have an awesome day!
school is cool! :)

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

how did their first day go?
i hope they had big smiles!

Lou said...

Somehow I've come across your stylish blog and enjoyed reading about your American family. 2 boys and a dancing girl, similar to my 3. Being a Mum is a joyous role - living in the moment and playing hard with them, then enjoying the quiet "me" time and recharging before they get home from school! Thought I'd leave a friendly comment.

Anonymous said...

I may have to steal that "Back to School" brunch idea for next year.

It's nice to get a last "swim" in before reality sets in.

I'm going to check out your video right now. :)

Jill

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I so need to do a back to school brunch. How fun! Maybe I'll do one after they go back after Christmas :-)